Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why wouldn't my Militia Commander pick up his artifact armour?  (Read 925 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a lovely cave crocodile bone right gauntlet, but he will not pick it up! Why is this?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why wouldn't my Militia Commander pick up his artifact armour?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:41:35 pm »

OK, never mind, Dwarf Therapist seems to count him as not wearing it when he is.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 11:44:43 pm »

Dang, I was hoping someone had an answer because I have an adamantine right gauntlet that for some reason my Militia commander will not wear.  I was hoping at first he would automatically pick it up because its better quality then his current adamantine gauntlet, but that was not the case.  Then I tried manually assigning it to him directly in the military menu's, it added the checkmark in the menu as if he had it, but it was not carrying it nor had ot equipped. 

I made sure to remove other hand stuff, and have clothing to be replaced not over the top, just in case some glove or something was causing problems.

Its sort of odd when you make an artifact gauntlet, it only makes ONE, not a pair, like crafting them does.  Perhaps that has something to do with it?  No matched lefty to go with the artifact righty?

*shruggles*

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

I would suggest firstly ensuring that he actually isn't wearing it, with his inventory screen in the actual DF window. Next, try wearing it by replacing clothing. Next, make sure that he isn't wearing another right gauntlet already. Finally, try assigning a left gauntlet as well.