Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defending the Mantle: Maintaining the Shield Worlds [A Halo RPG 1/4]  (Read 1053 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

((Please note that this is not at all canon to the Halo Universe and is just me being bored and thought this would make a fun game. Most if not all the creatures and other things in this game will be taken from the Halo Nation wiki. Hope you all enjoy   :D ))

[Intro]
You will be playing a sentient creature in the Halo universe during the time of the Forerunner-Flood War. Your character will be one skilled in combat and tactics. They have been chosen from their race as representatives of the race's fighting capabilities. You will be fighting the parasitic flood and may not come back alive but you know you have been sent to do one thing and that is to honor your species.

[Creating your character]
Name: (( This is a nice name generator About half way down are the halo ones, for Yanme'e just use Kig-yar names))
Race: ((Choose from Human, Sangheili, Yanme'e, (they will be the same, this game assumes the separation into three distinct species hasn't happened yet. ) kig-yar, and Mgalekgolo ))
Weapons: ((Do you use your species weapons or forerunner supplied ones, yours will be easier to use but weaker and forerunner ones will be harder to use but stronger))

Race advantages: (to help with choosing)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Intro to mission]
I am Seeker of Eternal Moonlight, a Forerunner Promethean. You may not know the politics of my people, I am a warrior of great rank among my race and I have been assigned with the mission, no the Privilege to sustain the mantle of responsibility. The Mantle is the core mission for all Forerunners, it is the protection of all sentient life in this galaxy. I have been chosen to update the systems on the shield worlds inside of flood control. You know the flood yes? No? It is a parasitic race that thrives on sentient life, feeding on its hosts and attacking them with numbers more massive than even great Forerunner fleets can control. You all have been chosen to accompany me on these missions to the shield worlds. The race that performs the best will be noted and given a place in the Mantle of Responsibility, a great honor to any race. Those who fail will not be noted worthy and be placed lower than the others. But first are there any questions of me? 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:50:38 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defending the Mantle: Maintaining the Shield Worlds [A Halo RPG 0/4]
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:42:12 am »

Current players:

Name: Gick.
Race: Yanme'e.
Weapons: Forerunner

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:59:23 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:39:34 am »

Yes. Just, Yes.

Race: Unggoy, :P, JK, Yanme'e.
Weapons: Forerunner to the Max.

"Do We get free food?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:58:11 am »

Yes. Just, Yes.

Race: Unggoy, :P, JK, Yanme'e.
Weapons: Forerunner to the Max.

"Do We get free food?"

((Accepted))

Seeker of Eternal Moonlight looks down toward you and the other Yanme'e,¨You will be fed and sustained, the Forerunners assure the supply of all who go on these missions.¨ He deactivates his combat suit revealing patches of pink flesh where muscles are massed and thick, light grey skin covering most of his back and forearms. His hands are black with six fingers. He is humanoid in form. His suit seems to have wrapped itself up into a pack that is attached to the forerunner's back.
He looks around the large groups of sentients,¨Are there any other questions of the mission?¨

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defending the Mantle: Maintaining the Shield Worlds [A Halo RPG 1/4]
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:24:44 pm »

((advantages for each race added to OP for help picking))
(gonna start a short mission while waiting for people to join)

The forerunner looks at the Yanme'e warriors before him,¨You shall accompany me on my first maintenance mission. The rest stay here, you may ask sentinel 1523 Sunder Truth any questions you have.¨
He spreads his arms out and his combat skin unpacks and covers his whole body. His voice is more distorted and computerized,¨Yanme'e warriors, enter my ship and let us go to Installation SW-590. you shall help me update the governing AI.¨ He waves his hand and a large starship assembles from the pieces of metals laying behind him. The ship lights up and several sentinels enter it followed by the forerunner¨

((Your equipment consists of forerunner anti-gravity packs, reinforcing hard light armor, energy cells, and two fully automatic hard light small arms))