Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Update - MDF Reborn V.006 - Kobolds! & more FPS savings! & manual (WIP)  (Read 9318 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you describe what you mean with personality?

I'd love to give them some thieving, but I'd still need to work out exactly how... I was hoping the taverns update would allow for a few things.
With other races we know what sort of personalities they have, based purely off of the buildings and reactions they have access to. Dwarven culture revolves around superior metalworking knowledge. Succubi are meant to corrupt the world. Gnomes want to live at peace with nature.

Right now kobolds basically get a physical characteristic, being too small to mine, and that's it. Previously you could see their personality in their warpaint, thieving, and an interest in the psychotropic effects of a toad. It made for gameplay very specific to them, rather than basically a challenge mode with less reactions than other races.

So I guess by personality I mean reactions dictated by non-physical characteristics of the race which lead to a unique style of gameplay.

I hope this didn't sound overly critical. I know what you're doing is really challenging, and I appreciate it immensely.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No worries, I was mostly wondering if you were talking about the actual PERSONALITY tokens in the raws or not. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]