Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Need 1 Player  (Read 7759 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (5/5 Players) OOC
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »

Gents and ladies, the coming update is not the FINAL Turn update. Several issues need to be resolved first before the turn is over and done.

Especially the Mission to the Triumvirate aswell as several Imperial Matters need still be resolved. That means that if you have issued orders to your nobles you cannot yet give new ones, only once the new season (turn) begins.

In any case: SHAMEFUL DISPRAY!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »

EDIT: All Information ahs been updated, you are cleared to post :P
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:10:58 am by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 07:14:21 am »

((i know iknow triple post, but this is important game information

I have changed a bit about the Military System and broken it down into a three phased system. It should also clear up several things.

The Short Turns: Battles

A battle runs the same as before:

each unit gets 1d6 as a basic roll. That means for each fleet or army partaking in the battle you get 1d6, To a maximum of ten participating armies per side. In special circumstances (defending a pass for example) the number will drop significantly. Generals can control up to 10 Armies.

A Natural Tactician or a Skilled Tactician adds his Skill to the roll, so a Natural Tactician +1 would turn the 1d6 of his armies into 1d7s. Other circumstances, like entrenching yourself fighting from an advantageous or disadvantageous position might further affect the rolls.

The Short Turns: Losses

Once the battle is decided (side B rolled all in all 50 and side A only 40) we come to the substraction of losses.
Your armies from now on will have Hitpoints. These show the organization, numbers and morale left in the army. Each army gets 10 hitpoints, except were modified by Traits of Generals.
Now if we take the above example side B rolled 10 more than A. This will be substracted in hitpoints from side A's Armies, but not from one army but evenly distributed.
If an army reaches 0 it has obviously ceased to exist.
Further losses may be caused by Traits like Butcher, which just increase losses massively if the General with that Trait wins a battle.
Such Hitpoint losses will slowly recuperate as Armies recover without battle. During A Short season an Army will recover 1 hitpoint, during a Long Five year Turn it will recover all losses.

The Imperial Army and Grey Guard

No longer needs to be supplied from Imperial Domain Fiefs. Instead they will have a standing cost of 1 Wealth to maintain, add to that a Recruitment Cost of 2 Wealth. That means, given enough money you can muster an infinite amount of Imperial Soldiers.

That however would make Grey Guardsmen a bit overly pricy for what they can do, so they also get an upgrade: 20 Hitpoints and 1d10 on rolls. That makes them superior to every other unit but at a cost of 5 Wealth and 2 Wealth to maintain, they will stay quite expensive and ultimately a smal elite formation.

The Long Turns: Skirmishes, Attrition, drôle de guerre

The Five Year Turns are usually times of calm before the storm. Where the Short Turns are there to kick ass and take names usually nothing happens in Long Turns. Well that changes now, Ordering a General during the Short Seasons to fight skirmishes will have him avoid battles as best as he can and instead fight small battles. The Traits Skirmisher, Asymmetric Warfare Doctrine and Guerilla immensely help with that and will allow them to bring down the enemy bit by bit while avoiding his main force.

If a Skirmish is a success a General will move up to two armies to attack one of the enemy in a skirmish battle. That allows you as a considerably smaller force, to whittle down your enemies. A Single General can thus, given 10 Armies, fight up to 5 Skirmishes per season and avoid Decisive Battles.

So what happens if we move into the Long Turn Phase? Attrition. Give a General the Order for the five year phase and he will attempt to whittle down the enemy bit by bit. His own troops won't recover if you go with this Strategy but you can really give the enemy something to think about. A Simple General without any traits will roll 1d6 per army, opposed to the enemies and each time you come out with a higher number you cause 1 Attrition Damage. Doesn't sound like much? Well if you succeed 10 times the enemy loses all recovery. in the case of 10 armies that goes up to 100 attrition damage evenly spread. So yeah Attrition favours the one with the largest Army on the field. That is unless somebody brings in Traits. Skirmisher, Guerilla and Asymmetric Warfare Doctrine help small armies to save themselves from such events, while others might rather rely on Digging in and bringing their Siege Warfare Doctrines and associated Skills to bear to simply whether the Attrition. But, you say, wait a minute, if i have 1 army and the enemy has 1, even if i successfully manage to bring through 10 attrition damage, the enemy regiment will be completely healed! That is where still other Traits come in, Attritional Warfare Doctrine, the Butcher and other associated traits, which increase attritional damage incurred and handed out.

If no side is engaging in Attritional Warfare, we speak of Drôle de Guerre, basically nothing hapens in those 5 years apart from both armies entrenching themselves and getting ready for the other side.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:45 pm »

I have been made aware of a mistake of mine at the Battle on the Eastern Front. Indeed Adrian possesses the Brave Trait, changing the rolls considerably. Instead of gaining the trait coward, he now beats a fighting retreat and gets wounded instead. I apologize for the oversight.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:46 pm »

Spoiler: House Salyar (click to show/hide)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2015, 10:18:21 am »

So... is it alright if I introduce House Salyar into the game? I should ask first if there is a space for him actually or is he waiting for one of players to retire.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:15:47 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2015, 12:31:40 pm »

okay so 3man pmed me he has apparently issues with RL, something about college and exams, in any case he has bowed out. Adwarf will fill in for him and will appear at the beginning of the five year turn for RP. i will introduce him with the new turn.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »

Just a reminder, I have made a sheet.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

Okay folks. We have something major going on behind the scenes, so i would need all players to be in the IRC channel ((you know which one)) at sunday, sometime between 14pm and 20pm GMT+1 so we can wrap this up in one go, otherwise it would get really messy with the posts in the forum. The result of that little irc session will end up in the IC-Thread then for everyone to read, but since it needs quite a lot quick decisions i would prefer if we do this in the IRC.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2015, 08:27:09 pm »

I apologize for doing this, but I think I'm going to need to drop this game as well as another one that I'm in right now.  It's mostly just a matter of poor timing on my end; while I hope I can clean it up by next week, I don't think it's going to be fair to wait for what may be longer when I may not be able to submit any more complex actions than "Move X to Y and do Z."  Obviously, for a game like this, something like that won't really fly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »

Well, this game can handle it. The rest of us are slow at posting any actual actions, and this being the 5-year turn means the simpler actions are fine given the large leap in time.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:02 am »

Huh didnt see that post, but yeah Culise, its fine if you take your time, the others are slow moving anyway, which brings me to the next problem.

Shootandrun has decided to drop out of the game and as such we have an open Spot. If anyone is interested pm me an application. Until that matter is resolved the game will be on hold.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2015, 10:03:23 am »

Huh didnt see that post, but yeah Culise, its fine if you take your time, the others are slow moving anyway, which brings me to the next problem.

Shootandrun has decided to drop out of the game and as such we have an open Spot. If anyone is interested pm me an application. Until that matter is resolved the game will be on hold.
is this dead?  If not, I can pm you an application.

Edit: Ghaz, you seem to have a penchant for incredibly complicated and interesting games.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Need 1 Player
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:18 am »

This is dead unless we get five players back together. If you want to send me a pm with an app go ahead. I'll revive this again.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]