Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [ISG] Dark Tower  (Read 1101 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] Dark Tower
« on: October 16, 2015, 02:33:54 pm »

The Dark Tower Asknukutsmob, seat of power to Icrozul, the umbral devil.
Surrounded by the fortress capital , which bears it as its namesake.
"An abominable plague upon the land", is what the elves call it.
"A harbinger of turmoil and war", is the dwarvens take on it.
"A place of great evil", is what the humans find it to be.
But another race, the goblin one, often plainly calls it "Home"

~

Asknukutsmob
Underground Quarters

Drums howl throughout the tunnels, waking the quarters inhabitants for the beginning of the night shift.

Well, unless they already are awake, and brimming with excitement.
Bracing this favourable day, at about thirty years of age, your tutelage will finally be at an end.

Standing in the dark of your room, you tell yourself that this excitement is not unfounded. Today will come with a number of perks after all;
Most importantly, a substantial increase in your wage! Finally, meat can become a substantial part of your diet.
Not worse by any means, you will also be ushered into the goblin middle class, which will confer one of the much coveted benign curses on you.
Actually...

Thinking back on it, you had a good number of choices, especially for a hob'.
Your aptitudes set you apart from the rabble, and could have paved your way into an advanced job in any of the four pillars of local goblin society.

Faith
Praise be Icrozul, as his accursed Preachers spread his wrathful message, while his demonic Priests channel his dark favour!

Military
Home to Light & Heavy Infantry, Cavalry, Beast Handlers and Scouts. Only the Bowgobs were barred for you.

Magick
Reaching back to the tribal days, the channellers of the dark arts are divided into the infernal Warlocks, and the entropical Sorcerers.

Industry
Only few civil professions are viewed as important; Administration, Weapon & Armour Smithing, Hunting, Mechanics and Alchemy.

While lesser choices were available, those were - and most likely always will be - unappreciated. As things are, unappreciated goblins easily get drafted into the war-time milita. Said militia, well; Their safety is not nearly as much of a concern, as that of the true soldiers, nor is their equipment half as good.

No, you chose wisely, and until now have not regretted
Your Choice:

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Dark Tower
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 02:58:00 pm »

I vote either administrator XOR scout.

Being an evil bureaucrat could make for an interesting game, but scout has lots of potential. Not both, of course, that would just be absurd.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

administrator
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

EpochFlame

• Bay Watcher
  • [INACTIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:32 pm »

administrator

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 04:21:02 pm »

Doesn't or imply not both?   

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Scout
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:06:50 pm »

Administration.
Max avatar size is 80x80

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:10 am »

Results: 3-4x Administration, 1-2x Scout

Asknukutsmob
Underground Quarters

Ah, yes. Administration.
Safe his demonic highness himself, one of the few things that keep Asknukutsmob in its squalid splendour.
While undoubtedly the most corrupt lot among the goblins, they also have the task of keeping said corruption in check.
Or, well, at least below actions that are considered as treason.

The lesser ranks are more or less divided into parchment-pushers and leg-breakers. The later go into the caves and make a semblance of that happen, what the former have told them to. Obviously bribes, favours, blackmail and deception are the meat and marrow of these jobs, with the occasional fit of violence.

The upper echolons, not only oversee the flow of goods and production, but can also meet out punishment. Lessened pay, the whip, forced labour, or outright slavery and other fun things. Needless to say, they make "good use" of their heavy responsibility.

You yourself, have seen plenty of what these jobs entail, and have been judged worthy of becoming a Junior Magistrate.

Over the course of your apprenticeship, you have made these skills your own;

Advanced Goblin Clerk:
Your goblin writings and reading, is without flaw. Besides that, you also know some basic common - mainly used in slave trading. Obviously, keeping and organizing records, is also well within your repertoire.

Skilled Speaker:
You know exactly how to get the leeches to do their work, be it intimidation or negotiation. Being lied to on an hourly basis, you also developed a keen eye for deception, and working the field, have become quite adept at the same as well.

Experienced Brawler:
Making your rounds with the overseers, taught you much in the way of non-lethal fighting. While not a daily occurrence, you can throw your punches, and take a few.

Mandatory Militarism:
As all goblins are required to, you also participate in the weekly drills. While somewhat talented and fit, you are rarely a match for any of the soldiers.

~

Snapping out of your idle thoughts, you find yourself still standing in your darkened room.
As the appointment with the priest is set for moon-soar, you got all of moon-rise for yourself. A rare treat.
The special stew is on offer in the canteen today, and you'd have the mind to allow yourself a bit of splurging. Then again, with the day-shift over, you could also join their merriment - actually, wasn't there a slave-fight scheduled for today?

A loud banging on your door interrupts your train of though, followed with a shout of
"Messenger~".

Oh great.
Opening the door as far as the beam that boards it allows, you peer outside.

Interestingly enough, it is an unfamiliar face, with you knowing a good deal of the messengers from work.
"What is it?"

The unfamiliar goblin seizes you up with his eyes, before giving an approving nod.
"Guess you might be the right one. Identify yourself."

Right. With goblin society being as it is, the only way to ensure an important message actually reaches the intended person, such measures are common. Not that it often happens to you outside of work though. Makes you wonder... - Still, what the messenger wants, is simple.

Your Name:
Your Gender:

Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 11:09:05 am »

Name: Festia

Do we need a last name?
Max avatar size is 80x80

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 11:29:32 am »

Do we need a last name?

Well, most goblins have one, so it certainly wouldn't hurt.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »

Ok, suggestion:

Name: Festia Lutebleach
Max avatar size is 80x80