Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sim Racing Thread, Current Details: iRacing Team Racing! Assetto Corsa Released!  (Read 8030 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim Racing Thread, Current Deals: iRacing 3 months free.
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 09:23:20 am »

Iracing 3 months freebie deal expires on 15th. Check OP post for link.

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
Re: Sim Racing Thread, Current Deals: iRacing 3 months free.
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 02:32:19 am »

Assetto Corsa just released the Release Candidate 1.0, the changelog is pretty big...

It includes:
Fmod sound system implemented - most sounds are now really great! (and is still WIP)
Damage model - not the NextCarGame level but it gets the job done and looks good (also WIP as there are some glitches still)
Optimizations - it runs very well on budget cards (i get minimum 50fps with full grid and "High" settings across the board with special effects all "on" on GTX660) and is looking stunningly good
Spa track - no need to say more :) awesome!
Bunch of new cars - including LaFerrari, Shelby Cobra 47, Ferrari 458 GT2 ... every one is really awesome in its own way!
Oculus rift DK2 support - (WIP but people say its great)
Career mode for SP - Not the best but works, and it's a full on sim so just having it is something. :P

Full changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is still a lot of things add and Kunos have mentioned that many features are yet to come as a free updates, and alongside that we'll got track/car bundles DLC

Here is a short previev video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwYmCv5KFqA
And a quick review of the Oculus functionality by Gamermuscle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdzx7N5Ysg

Also if anybody from here would get the game and drive in multi, my handle is "ling.speed" See you on the track, Cheers!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

In addition to the Assetto Corsa update, iRacing has had it's long awaited Driver Swap update drop, allowing for team racing. I've taken the liberty of creating a Bay 12 team, and info about that and a current promo code for 3 months free can be found in the OP.

If for some reason the link doesn't work, just search for Bay 12 Motorsport in the team viewer.

Other Updates include adding the Holden Commodore V8, the Ford GT3, and Gateway Motorsports park, along with the usual bug fixes and physics tweaking.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Liking the new AC updates.

Audi, Porsche, Toyota and Nissan cars "coming soon". Tasty... Would like an EVO to be added but i'm not sure their simulation could really handle the AYC/black magic stuff that they use to be so fast...
Magma is overrated.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

Another bump, this time for iRacing. They're currently doing their first 24 hour race ever, after implimenting driver swaps earlier this year.

The top split is being broadcast live at RaceSpot TV here, and is quite an interesting watch. Just a note that due to Youtube's maximum stream length, every few hours the feed will end and move onto the next one, so if it's showing a video not a stream check the next numbered ones.

With that they've added another promo code for signups, this one being PR-2015NASCARDAYTONA which gives 3 months, the Daytona track, the Ford GT (and it's GT3 variant) and the NASCAR Chevy Gen 6 all for $10.

The older promo code of PR-NURBURGRINGEXPO for 3 months free also still exists, but the Daytona deal is a far better value.

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile

Welp it's not the most popular of threads, but i still love this forum even if i'm not playing DF anymore. So maybe somebody will find the info below useful :)

The recent DLC for Assetto is actually really good so i would really recommend it for anyone, not only hardcore sim racing fans. It has the iconic "green hell" Nordschleife track and 10 new awesome and diverse cars. Aside from that the DLC 1.1 patch is available for everyone and it brings good improvements in optimization, some AI improvements (they are really quick now, but still a little tame, still WIP), flag rules, some new weather options (no rain/night thou), and more.

If somebody ever wanted to drive on the real "green hell" and see how fast his Bridge to Gantry (BTG) time would be, this is definitely the best recreation of it. The pricing on the DLC is really good IMHO too (rare nowdays :(, especially for niche markets ) only 15$ for an 25km track, and 10 well made cars.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/dreampack1/

cars, and the 20km track:

Including such classics as:
Old Alfa Romeo GTA , small and nimble Alfa 4C , 4wheel drive Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6 , iconic McLaren F1 GTR , modern hybrid hypercar McLaren P1 (finally we can compare it to LaFerrari :D) , amazingly powerful Mercedes-Benz C9 LM LeMans car , old DTM legend Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 EVO II , GTLM Corvette C7R , GT3 class monster Nissan GT-R NISMO , and really well simulated BMW M235i.

The 20-25km track (we got it in 3 layouts!) is enormous, challenging and fun to learn, if anybody would like to see comparison of AC track to real life one, and get a guide to driving it at the same time i made i small video on it at release...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsLxOH61fk

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:24:27 pm by Nao »
Pages: 1 2 [3]