Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The baby/child horror stories  (Read 566 times)

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The baby/child horror stories
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

Here you can posted stories, how your poor dwarven childeren get murderd by angry monsters! It is very rare in a game were childeren or even baby's can be killed.

I one had a dwarven baby stolen by a master goblin thief. How the mother dwarf did not notice that her baby was riped out of here hands was beyond me. Even more stupid was that nobody saw that goblin thief, not even in very busy hall way.

But it gets beter. In my current fort, a dwarf child walked to the river. Apperntly there was a giant cave swallow near by and somehow the dwarf child angerd the bird. He was quiky killed by the bird. I swear a second after the kill, the mother of the killed child gets a baby! The giant cave swallow also tried to attack a dwarf with his camel pet. The camel wouned the great bird and got away. The  giant cave swallow was later shot down by a marksdwarf.

BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The baby/child horror stories
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

I think most people just consider them to deserve it when they die horrible deaths, as they don't really do anything except consume resources.

EDIT: Oh, and I've had babies fall into my magma moat. That was funny.

[ January 03, 2008: Message edited by: Tahin ]

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

Yep babys and childeren are very wortless in the game right now.
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

usually dying of thirst because they are locked in a cage with the goblin that snatched them.  

my guys just don't give a rats ass about the kids once they've passed through goblin hands =/

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Yep, they're pretty annoying. Like those dang queens. They should be apprentices to their parents! Or servants to all. Yeah, that's good.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »

What about when you, an heroic axeman, walk into the human capitol. You cut the head off a child, fight through the guards in the keep and then throw the head at the King, shamshing his face. You then walk out, set fire to the town and leave.

The Cube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 11:56:00 am »

I once had a goblin snatcher steal a kid from right under my nose.  Luckily, I had stationed my posse of 5 retarded wrestlers outside my trading post, so when he came up, they chased and slaughtered him.  After he died, I wondered where the heck the baby went.

Then I saw the nearby lake.

Poor kid was thrown from the battle and had drowned.  

That sucked.

Dvalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

So. One of my dwarves was became possessed, and claimed a workshop, with her child in tow. I lacked the glass she wanted, so lo and behold -- she went mad. I had, of course, locked her into the workshop, so her first act was to throw her child against a wall, and then proceed to beat it to death. She then retreated into a corner and starved to death.