Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea about goblin blood  (Read 684 times)

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Idea about goblin blood
« on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:16 am »

Soooo, goblins are quite weak against trained dwarfs, even in high numbers. The idea is to make goblin blood black (not very hard) and toxic (a bit harder). When it touches creature's skin it will cause syndromes like fever, oozing, bruising, drowsiness, pain etc.
The question is, will it actually get on dwarf's skin? My arena testing showed, that fully armed unit almost never gets blood on it's body. As I know, the only part, that is not covered is face. How to make blood more splashy? I want it to be something like cave floater's extract http://www.dfwk.ru/Cave_floater, but liquid.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:56:17 am by SMASH! »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Idea about goblin blood
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:19:41 pm »

You cant make it more splashy without using secretions and other silly things that dont fit blood well. I guess it would mostly affect bare-foot dwarves, especially if someone drags it to the well and contaminates your floor.

How about adding natural skills to goblins? If you do NATURAL_SKILL:skill-id:number, you can give them some dodging and armor user, shield user, fighter... they become way more difficult that way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:10:26 pm »

Natural skills are good for making them stronger in general, but they used to be cannon folders and attack in high numbers, and there toxic blood works works its magic: Urist McLegendaryaxelord chops some gobos, feels sick, gets swarmed and beaten into mush. It is like orc blood from LOTR. 

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »

Do you mind posting the raws for the blood?
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.