Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need writer/researcher for immediate paid job  (Read 727 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need writer/researcher for immediate paid job
« on: March 11, 2015, 12:40:34 pm »

UPDATE I have received four qualified applications already, so please do not submit your interest unless you are very confident. I will make my selection in the next couple of hours to allow the candidate to have enough time to execute. Thank you for your interest!

Hi there,
Some of you know me from the Other Games sub-forum for the past 8+years and to others I am a new face. My name is JP Huskie and I am the owner of Case In Point Studios, a game development company. Our first game, Arms Dealer, is just wrapping up production after 5 months in beta/Early access. We have a good reputation/reception and are planning on our GOLD release in the next 5-7 days but I need someone to do some research and writing for the game.

I have a list of roughly 70 firearms that need to be researched and then data needs to be entered into an Excel(or similar) document as well as a 2-5 sentence blurb needs to be written about each, mentioning it's history or why it's interesting. Some of these weapons are rare prototypes while others are familiar to most modern gamers.

Requirements:
 Fluent in English, decent grammar, use of Spell Check, COMMITMENT to finishing the project on time, 17+ years old. Must have a lot of free time over the next 2-3 days to work on this, either day or night or both. Project must be completed by Saturday evening at the LATEST. Estimate that you will need 13-20 hours to complete this project as each weapon takes an average of 10 minutes to research and 3 minutes to enter data assuming you stay focused and don't get lost in a Wikipedia hole ;)

Reward:
 Flat fee(negotiable) and a bonus for early completion. You will have your name in the credits of the game, a reference and LinkedIn contact as well as a possible long term position with the studio.

This is a good way to make a few hundred dollars and get your foot in the door to the industry. Email me for fastest response, direct message is also viable. Must be able to promise a minimum of 15 hours to devote to this task between today and Saturday evening.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:33:35 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.