Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coolest thing you've ever done in a non-DF game.  (Read 2860 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coolest thing you've ever done in a non-DF game.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:59 pm »

I held the world record for about a week in one of the speedrun categories of Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Did a clean world conquest in EU4 as Majapahit recently. Die, Portugal, die.

After 1700 hours of TF2 and some forays into competitive tournaments, I can somewhat confidently claim to be pretty good. Time well spent? Probably the antithesis of cool.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »

Pulled off Touhou-level bullet grazing/slaloms in a space sim like X-Wing or Tie Fighter, and still owning the fighter wings afterwards. Add insult to injury, I can do this with a bomber like a Y-Wing which is not made for that level of combat.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:31 am »

Back when Fallout 3 was still new I played it for the first time at a friends place. I was just playing to see the world as I knew I wouldn't be able to play a true run or anything so I explored everywhere. Somehow I came to a Mutant Infested city where tons of the big guys were wielding weapons that would shread me apart if we got into a true fight. I had a Pistol, yes one of the starting pistols. It took me a moment to realize that I was majorly outgunned for this are so was trying to make my way back to the sewer entrance that I came up through, slightly lost. All of a sudden one of the Mutants engaged me, missing like mad, I was just out of his accurate range or something...

So I pull up the pipboy, maybe I could score a lucky headshot and stop him, so I pan through the options and find the head. Or so I thought, I fire with a 60% or so chance of hitting then suddenly BOOM!!!

I shot a Grenade that the mutant was pulling the pin of with his teeth... Think about it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 10:51:03 am »

Nice shot.

I once unwittingly got followed into a convenience store by a Deathclaw out in the middle of nowhere. Heard a random growl behind me while inside, turned around, and it was inches from my head, just about taking a swipe at me. Fortunately, there were lanes/aisles that could keep distance between us. Managed to take it out, and walk out alive, with another Deathclaw hand in my inventory to make another glove with.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:00:02 am by Itnetlolor »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »

Sadly, the deathclaws in Fallout 3 were like pussycats. The ones in F:NV were a real threat, though (and not something you'd stumble into at a grocery store).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 03:04:08 am »

Skyrim modded.

Killed nazeem
Harvested his soul and gave it to the daedra
Chopped him up
Harvested his parts
Remade nazeem into an ugly mutated zombie thing
Pushed him off cliff and re-harvested his parts
Sold the parts to riverwood merchant

:D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:06:37 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 09:48:11 am »

On the topic of Skyrim: I faintly remember a certain friend of mine that, after just finding out which npc had sent mercs after him, went to said NPC's house, murdered him in his sleep, captured his soul in a black soul gem, enchanted a gold ring with the worst enchantment possible using his soul, named it after the NPC, then came back and left it besides the dead NPC's wife, on the bed.

I thought that was pretty cool.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

When I was young I found online chess. It was a pretty basic program (as this is a good 12 years ago) so there weren't matchmaking features like there are now - it just had their points score and you clicked someones name to join in.

I hadn't really played chess before although I did know the rules. Thought it'd be a laugh to play a grandmaster. Beat him in about 10 or so moves.
Thought it was odd. Chose another Grandmaster. Proceeded to beat them.
I then thought that I was just incredibly, incredibly gifted at chess - that I was some sort of savant prodigy and that this was my life calling. Instead of actually playing any more, I immediately rang up a chess club and asked if I could join up (along with a lot of boasting).

When the fateful day arrived, I waltzed in to the chess room like I was king. Told them that I had a grandmaster score and wanted to play their best player...

The online grandmasters were called 'test account' and 'test account too'.

Cold. Hard. Humiliation.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 11:17:55 am »

Best story.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 12:10:21 pm »

I was fiddling around chemistry in space station 13, and ended up making a very potent healing grenade. Mind you i was playing on a RP server where most of the time event are quite uneventfull to let place to RP. Sure there is some skirmish here and there but they were drunk unarmed guy being pissed of at their boss and such.

Anyway we had an event and there was explosion left and right, nothing major but a lot went unconsious and i was one of the few who had trainning as EMT. We had a few doctor but well they were swamped. i rushed toward the first explosion while i worked my connection to get a medical mech built in case of more attack/malfunction. Grabbed a few grenade i had prepared at the start of my shift and lobbed them at the injured to stabilise a lot of the injured quickly, with one throw i had 4 stabilised.

All in all? My grenade saved about 7 injured personel before my mech was ready, then i saved aboud 9 other lives, 4 of wich was previous victim from the first-ish attack. I had my grenade approved for mass production for all first responders. ( They cloned my grenade information and made it starting gear ).

On another character, i had an athmo engineer work a system to prevent injuries and problems with slime, i had a closed system with nitrogen being cooled and reheated depending if you wanted to freeze or thaw slimes before doing what they would do to them. ( Never really played that part with slime. ) The new map they were working on finaly included my closed loop system.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 [2]