Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange stockpile record  (Read 1054 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Strange stockpile record
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:05 am »

I got 4 units of magma under liquid. It is unusual because I haven't discovered  the magma sea.

So I expanded the menu and checked their locations. They were all on the ground level. One was on a phyllite block floor and the other 3 were on a diorite floor hatch over a microcline up/down stair (my main and only entrance). But there were obviously no magma on those tiles otherwise my dorfs were all dead.

So the bookkeeper was seeing magma ghosts?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:49:11 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange stockpile record
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:39:01 am »

Magma ghosts are Armok's equivalent for angels. You should expect some moody dorfs soon who request pen and paper while babbling about "miracle" and "holy book". Not the first time weird stuff like that happened...

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:31:30 pm »

Will the game let you build magma forges, smelters, etc now (it won't let you build them until magma is discovered)?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »

Will the game let you build magma forges, smelters, etc now (it won't let you build them until magma is discovered)?

No.
I got magma crabs and warm stones though.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »

What version are you playing? It used to be if you de-constructed structures from reclaim it would leave behind 'a magma'.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:00 pm »

The newest version (0.40.24).

Now I gess maybe it has something to do with those magma crab bits? Though I atom-smashed them decades ago.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 02:04:10 am »

First thought that popped into my head was building forges out of the magma. Is magma fire/magma-safe?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 02:12:28 am »

Sadly it is not available.
Like I said they were magma ghost only my bookkeeper could see, besides, they were under liquid category, I don't think you can build anything out of liquid.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 03:01:44 am »

Oh, and I found another strange thing.

One of my pasture had a hunting giant bat. When I tried to pasture something I saw that green + before the name. But I didn't have a giant bat anymore, it died several decades ago. I removed it from the pastured animal list and it was gone for good.

Maybe my save is getting old.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:18 pm »

At least all the things you have listed under liquids are more specific then just 'Liquid'. (I bought a barrel of the stuff off the caravans.)
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:24:22 pm »

I wanted to get rid of furnitures that weren't masterwork after I got a legendary Mason from a mood.
I dump then in a 5-z pit into w/ magma cistern which my forges also used.
I realized after that I dumped magma-safe furnitures down there, and that I should atom smashed them instead.
I when I was about to use dfhack autodump, I noticed there were "magma" items in the pile.

So, I think that when items gets dumped into magma, it leaves these "magma" objects?

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:29:26 pm »

Whenever a stone item melts, it leaves 'magma' as a contaminant.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 06:15:45 pm »

It's a glob of magma similar in game terms to water in a bucket or tallow. I believe magma crabs shoot that now instead of basalt globs they used in the old version. I have no idea why you can't see them outside of the stockpile records.

It's not technically a contaminant; that would be "A pool of magma" on a tile. Which is rare, and may be a bug.