Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Object testing arena problems  (Read 1281 times)

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Object testing arena problems
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:06:40 am »

My list is blank,  I begin with a new adventure character with world.  From here I do 'mode set' then I select '3' which is arena controling.  I press alt+y and then k then c, after this I am given a screen saying 'side' 'abort' and 'f' for filter name.  The name filter doesn't do anything I have tried 'DRAGON' or 'DWARF' 'DW' 'D' nothing happens any one able to help I've looked through the wiki. Their isn't any informtion on the initial start up to even use it.

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Object testing arena problems
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 10:14:26 am »

Can someone please help.

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:40 am »

https://ibb.co/jMTH4pV
Here is a screen shot.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 10:17:24 am »

Hm. I don't know about how to fix that happening, but have you tried spawnunit instead as a workaround?

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 10:19:25 am »

Hm. I don't know about how to fix that happening, but have you tried spawnunit instead as a workaround?
Thankyou so much, how does it work?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:22:33 am by PelicanStrapped »

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 11:03:39 am »

My list is blank,  I begin with a new adventure character with world.  From here I do 'mode set' then I select '3' which is arena controling.  I press alt+y and then k then c, after this I am given a screen saying 'side' 'abort' and 'f' for filter name.  The name filter doesn't do anything I have tried 'DRAGON' or 'DWARF' 'DW' 'D' nothing happens any one able to help I've looked through the wiki. Their isn't any informtion on the initial start up to even use it.
I installed a fresh dwarf fortress and Lazy newb pack and this problem still consists.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 05:28:57 pm »

spawnunit documentation

Mind, I've only used it in fort mode (for stuff like spawning cat male traffic accidents).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 11:58:10 pm »

Does it work if you open the object testing arena from the main menu instead of with dfhack?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 03:03:21 pm »

Does it work if you open the object testing arena from the main menu instead of with dfhack?
Would this be opening the testing arena up before going into anything?

Edit - I tried this and it says "It is not safe to set game modes in menus."

Edit edit - Okay it's working but can you use an existing world from here without the arena set up?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:09:15 pm by PelicanStrapped »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 12:59:25 am »

Edit edit - Okay it's working but can you use an existing world from here without the arena set up?
I don't believe so.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?