Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So... strange happenings.  (Read 1075 times)

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
So... strange happenings.
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:01 pm »

So I guess I wasn't paying attention last time I played dwarf fortress because a lot of stuff happened...  First of all one of my children of the fortress is dead in the bottom of a river, no idea how that happened.  Secondly there was an announcement saying the merchants were leaving and there are no wagons any more and theres just 1 merchant and a swordsman chillin next to my river... and their stuff is still in my depot.  Any idea what could've happened?  I checked the combat reports and the only things there are vultures...

Also I guess these merchants will just chill at my river until they go insane... could end badly...

EDIT: One merchant found a way to get stuck in a tree... that could be causing something.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:15:00 pm by Terff »
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So... strange happenings.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

Check any battle reports using 'r'.  That should give you an idea of what happened.  I'm guessing a wild creature attacked the merchants and they scarpered or at least tried to.

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »

Check any battle reports using 'r'.  That should give you an idea of what happened.  I'm guessing a wild creature attacked the merchants and they scarpered or at least tried to.

I mentioned that I checked the combat reports... the only thing were vultures that the guards smashed the heads of.

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:57:25 pm »

Hmm.  The other thing I've seen in the latest versions has been merchants being a bit freaked out by corpses lying around - do you have any on the way to the depot?

It's possible however that it is the vultures - caravans do tend to be quite skittish.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:13:45 pm »

I mentioned that I checked the combat reports... the only thing were vultures that the guards smashed the heads of.

There you go. Caravans now scare VERY easily. Guards fighting vultures where the merchants can see will absolutely cause them to run off. Kid probably dodged a vulture and fell into the river. Put your trade depot inside or underground to avoid this. Also, don't put it anywhere near your refuse pile. Merchants will spook out at the site of corpses now.

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:58 pm »

Also, don't put it anywhere near your refuse pile. Merchants will spook out at the site of corpses now.
heh... it was right next to my refuse pile... and right next to the river with the dead child in it...
still... I chopped down the tree the merchant was in and they are still lingering... eh... not my problem unless the guards go insane xD