Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: how did urist die?  (Read 6267 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: how did urist die?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 08:36:25 pm »

spine snapped by a minecart I was using to kill elven merchants.  And it was my dwarf in a succession fortress too. (this was a while ago)

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »

Ushat Griptin was Nutsmansion's resident juvenile delinquent, responsible for more than 75% of all recorded crimes in the fort's history.  Despite all my attempts to make her happy, her mental health never slowed in its inexorable decline ("completely helpless in stressful situations").  I became tired of constantly cleaning up her messes, so I built a platform suspended over a deep pit in the caverns and assigned her to a burrow there.  At the pull of a lever, the platform collapsed and Ushat fell more than a hundred z-levels.  Halfway down, she slammed into the edge of a cliff, shattering every bone in her body.  After that, I lost track of her in the billowing dust cloud caused by the cave-in.  I later found her mangled corpse resting among the blood-spattered branches of a tower-cap.

Ducim Paddlematched was an herbalist prone to temper tantrums.  After the fortress guard threw him in jail for the third time, his deep-seated guilt rapidly undermining the foundations of his sanity, I decided to get rid of him before he snapped.

Nutsmansion has three zombie elves in stout cages, souvenirs of the last necromancer siege.  I released one of them in Ducim's jail cell and it caved in his skull with its bare hands.  A well-placed cave trap swiftly recaptured the undead monstrosity, and Ducim Paddlematched was put to eternal rest.

ShutUpWesley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 12:00:45 am »

I carelessly neglected to watch where I was designating channels. Poor Urist channeled into the caverns and ended up bleeding out on the floor. (I think it was a 5-7 z level drop?)

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 12:14:09 pm »

Work accident pertaining to magma forge expansion.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:38 pm »

Buying time for civilian workers to escape the caverns after a giant cave spider found a way past the walls sealing off the entrances. RIP perimeter watchman Okon Wheelabbey of the 2nd Reservist Crossbows, the only one in his ten man squad who was actually at his post when the incident occurred and the only casualty.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 01:21:39 pm »

Spine broken by a legendary clothier. RIP, Legendary Grower #8.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 05:59:22 pm »

Stupid giant moles, ripping dorf spines out... For that matter, stupid cavern collection spree.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »

Kumil Tincall, unhappy stonecrafter:  execution by giant cave spider.
Sodel Relievedpicks, Mace Lord:  infection of over a dozen goblin bite wounds to the head.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:03 am »

He felt compelled to go outside during a zombie siege. He was the only loss (other than some animals).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]