Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: strange map revealing bug  (Read 1056 times)

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon Tamer (Beginner)
    • View Profile
strange map revealing bug
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:49:57 pm »

ok, this has to be a bug, its simply impossible that this could be intended. My game crashed during a possesion mood, so i thought: "ok hopefully i dont get that mood again, lets start from the last save again!" well that was only a few days earlyer, but as i started the game, my whole map (strangely with black squares deep down. i think that would be adamantine or hell?!?) but everything else is visible. well i somehow think it would be somehow cheating to play like that, cause even the caverns are shown.

i am using df2014 with the lazy newb pack r5. any idea how to get the game back to normal, or what caused that?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: strange map revealing bug
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 05:26:45 pm »

Do you have DFhack? Use revflood on the surface.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:32:28 pm »

armok bless dfhack, that solved it. but still wondering what caused it... i feared that the whole world data was corrupted, but as it looks now, dfhack can help with more than clean the map and dry those bugged buckets^^

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:17 pm »

That is what happens if you put in 'reveal' in dfhack.  The black boxes are around various spoilery type things.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »

well that should not have happened. well i got dfhack, but i only use it for the cleanall and drybuckets commands (and in the last version for fixmigrant) out of that i have only used showmood a few times, but reveal hasnt been used by me at any time, i didnt even know that this command existed. well, i think dfhack seems to be more than "just" a map cleaner^^ but if the rest is like this reveal command, i think i dont even want to know what it can do...