Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More realistic complexions & Hair descriptors ~ Mod  (Read 1346 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More realistic complexions & Hair descriptors ~ Mod
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:31 pm »

Ok so I have started work on a mini mod while in the middle of another project, my goal here is to have more realistic hair and complexions to describe in character generation, I would like some help from anyone who is interested, I posted my hair ideas in a another post of mine but after working with the skin tones I decided they need a topic of there own if I am planning on making it a full mod.

Heres what my plan is in detail, I want to create enough variation that I can have skin tone descriptions for Caucasian, Alien, African and Mediterranean skin tones if possible, some will be rarer than others, as pale skins are more likely to have every hair colour for possible combinations, although darker skin tones will be less likely to end up with fair hair, I could diplicate one over and over to make it more common though.

Anyway, tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions for descriptors of various complexions or shades, such as I have been having trouble coming up with descriptions of darker skin tones such as those of african descent, and more basic lighter skin tones, I have plenty for pale, but none for average middle of the road between pale and tan, I want to avoid using flat our colours, mostly descriptors for them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: More realistic complexions & Hair descriptors ~ Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:51:16 pm »

I like it, imagination is good, but more description can only help... right?
But when lighting comes in your mod/idea would be good.
If all your dwarves live in the dark they might drop down a colour tier and if they are hunters/rangers and surface workers they could tan.
A minor suggestion obviously.
The majoras mask major suggestion for this train of thought would being able to get sunburnt and eventualy develop skin cancer.
Then attempting to weaponise it
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:56:46 pm »

I like it, imagination is good, but more description can only help... right?
But when lighting comes in your mod/idea would be good.
If all your dwarves live in the dark they might drop down a colour tier and if they are hunters/rangers and surface workers they could tan.
A minor suggestion obviously.
The majoras mask major suggestion for this train of thought would being able to get sunburnt and eventualy develop skin cancer.
Then attempting to weaponise it
I dont know if I could ever be talented enough to create changing skin tones based on sun exposer, but I can make a racial bias for skin tones, such as dwarves being much less likely to be tanned compared to humans, or creating civilizations native to certain regions only having access to certain skin tones.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:17:19 pm »

You could be talented enough, were it possible.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:24 pm »

You could be talented enough, were it possible.

Yeah, I was thinking "Unless thats something they added in with the new update, I doubt it would even be possible.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »

Heres a update for my progress, its a idea of what the end product will look like, I plan on uploading it to the mod site when  I am finished, for everyone.

I am creating a caste for every hair and skin possibility so that we dont end up with Civs with only one hair and skin genetic feature.

Anyway, tell me what you think of this current build, iv only put together one cast at the moment to make sure everything is how I like it.

===================================================================================
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
===================================================================================

[CASTE:PALE_BLOND_MALE_DWARF] ☆
[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. He has blond with pale skin]
[MALE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLOND:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PALE_SKIN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]

[CASTE:PALE_BLOND_FEMALE_DWARF] ☆
[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. She has blond hair and pale skin]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE][FEMALE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLOND:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PALE_SKIN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:25:34 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148698.msg6054126#msg6054126

Mod released here! Check it out if you are curious!