Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Golden Dragon Tower of Excecution  (Read 986 times)

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon Tamer (Beginner)
    • View Profile
Golden Dragon Tower of Excecution
« on: February 21, 2015, 02:54:24 pm »

i am thinking about doing something with my dragon without putting it at any risk. atm i am building a 2 or 3 story high refuse house and i am thinking about building a tower atop of it. at the top i was thinking about building a execuiting "chamber" with dual rows of Fortifications. needless to say i was thinking about building it out of goldblocks due to serious overload of gold nuggets. the design would somewhat look like this:

of course it would be 1 tile wider than the tower itseld (all around) a staircase directly under the dragon and perhaps a drawbridge in place of two of the fortifications for placing new goblins^^

my problem now is: will the gold walls withstand the dragon fire, and will the double row fortifications prevent the goblins from wrestling my dragon to death^^

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Dragon Tower of Excecution
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:28:45 pm »

my problem now is: will the gold walls withstand the dragon fire, and will the double row fortifications prevent the goblins from wrestling my dragon to death^^

All constructions (walls, fortifications, floors, etc.) are immune to damage--you could construct your tower out of ice and it would survive dragon fire just fine.

To get the dragon to breathe fire, though, it'll need to target an enemy. Without significant marksdragon skill the double row of fortifications may prevent targeting.

The safety of the dragon will depend on which version you're playing; in v0.40 climbing and jumping can make it difficult to contain hostile creatures. Back in v0.34 a single layer of fortifications would be sufficient.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:48:02 pm »

playing 2014. and of course i would build a ceiling/floor above that thing^^ perhaps i could build a trench before the first fortification leading to falling straight into... well falling deep^^ but i think the gobbos could jump over that and lcing to the fortifications..... does anyone know how far those gobbos can jump?^^

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

goblin elite bow or crossbow users can shoot it, plus now dragons can breed in fort mode, so keep it safe until you get another dragon of opposite gender (they need nest boxes to lay eggs) then watch as you 20 dragons murder the circus

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 05:17:23 pm »

i know they can breed, this is my goal, together with getting as much dragon & roc lore for my civ to start with a dragon or two in embark muahahahahaha^^ (if that is possibil if dragons ebcome fully domesticated... well we will see^^

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:21:29 pm »

If I were you I would do a full 2x2 box of fortifications. Fill up these corners with fortifications as well.

I don't know if elite bow/marksgoblins can shoot through two fortifications.

Also you couldn't choose your building material better. Gold fortifications, surrounding a dragon.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 05:28:31 pm »

thats simply due to aesthatic reasons. the other dwarfs would laugh at my dwarfs if they dont see an stupidly valuable tower that contains a dragon... if i put a dragon as living lighthouse atop a tower, i should at LEAST put him into a golden chamber, adamantine would be better of course, but i dont have anything of that^^ obviously i could just make that damn thing out of crappy shale, that would certainly work, but no dwarf would ever dare to do such an unsightly thing^^

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 05:32:44 pm »

I didn't meant it like that.

Dragon. Gold.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:07:25 am »

well now i know what you mean^^ but thats just another positive. dragons like gold... why not stuck it in a golden prison? he gotta apreciate that ;) when it is so cheap that it stopps breathing fire at everything with just a bunch of undefineable meat, than i can shoot with cannons at vermin. that must be the most overpriced bribery that any dragon can hope for (from the hand of dwarfs^^)