Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weather phenomenoms that possibly end in some iFUN!  (Read 927 times)

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon Tamer (Beginner)
    • View Profile
Weather phenomenoms that possibly end in some iFUN!
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:47:09 pm »

sooo i am looking for some iFUN! weather phenomenoms. just some overview at what happened to some of you guys, and perhaps a quick laugh at the misery of the dwarfs having fun ;)

i got this one, sadly quite disapointing, near an evil ocean 1/3 of my starting area, hoping to get some nice clouds or nebulas, but instead i got loathsome muck raining down on my dwarfes, that didnt do anything at all, until it touches water. but than it just leads to puss splattered a few tiles around the dwarf and nothing more. well it is kinda fun to watch dwarfes that wash themself (in the muckrain) at a pond and pussing everywhere. but they dont feel pain or have any illness or other long term effects (i kinda think that it would be quite amusing to lead goblin invaders around the coastline to reach the fort entrance, to look if huge amount of pussing will lead to death, but my fortress was overrun by huge masses of dead sea albatrosses later on^^)

sp what have been your iFUN! weather phenomenons?

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Weather phenomenoms that possibly end in some iFUN!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:38:55 pm »

I had "acrid muck" that rained upon my dwarfs. It blistered them all over, and it mangled their eyes beyond recognition. Unfortunately I had to abandon the fort due to a certain werelizard attack...
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:26:25 pm »

I once had a neurotoxine rain.

Dwarves caught on it would be stunned for a while and it seemed to be harmless, then suddenly everybody dropped dead.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:36 pm »

I once had a neurotoxine rain.

Dwarves caught on it would be stunned for a while and it seemed to be harmless, then suddenly everybody dropped dead.
I've had this, except it was dizziness first.  And it was in a reanimation biome too.  In 34.11, when reanimation was completely OP.

Yeah, I lost a crapton of dwarves and migrants to that stuff.

AzTech2064

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon Tamer (Beginner)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »

hmmm reanimation biome, that reminds me. i got some kind of mist/fog/clouds flying around sometimes. some made my dwarfes bleed from all possibyl parts (eyes, noses, ears etc.) but the other kind of thingy turned anything that it touched into undeads after a few ticks, and those things moved rather fast... until it caught my outpost diplomat turning him into an undead diplomat... and that one left the map shortly after... only to retun next year with a caravan... that instantly massacred the diplomat XD well shortly after that i got annihilated due to my dwarfes fighting against the undead merchants and mercenaries they have, while beiing submerged in another cloud, and than i started my trustworthy bennyhill.mp3 and watched my children flee like bunnys on crack^^