Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with Casts.  (Read 1093 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trouble with Casts.
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:02:13 pm »

Ok, so I am trying to make a Cast variation of humans dwarves and such that simply add a bit more randomization for hair and skin tones, something simple with the basics like blonde. brunette, red head, peach skin ya know?
But its been so frigging long since iv modded and remembering whats important or not for a cast is shaky grounds for me... I want to apply hair shapings and crap too, is that needed in each cast or just the base model?

I was wondering if somebody could just give me a basic cast model thats idiot proof, I can just swap out the hair and skin tone options and copy and past it over and over for each variation, this would be a huge help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heres my attempt a few months back for the first on the list, but heres my issue, I have no idea if all this crap is necessary or even well put together, id really like to shave it down to only what needs to be there, I think starting from scratch would be the best idea but I wanted to let you guys know what my first attempt resulted in, please help me as soon as you can, a example for both human and dwarf would be really useful, although If its simple enough that might not be necessary, so for example, if anything doesn't need to be there id like to get rid of it, as clean and tight as possible, something nice and compact i could just tack onto the bottom of the pre-made race models.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with Casts.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:18:09 pm »

I intend on posting it up after in order to help other people struggling with the games genetic glitches.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:20:36 pm »

The kind of caste you're talking about has an e at the end of it. As for what's necessary for castes, pretty much nothing is needed. With vanilla dwarves it's just the [MALE] or [FEMALE] token, a [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] for the latter, and a [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUES] for the former. All you'd need to do for what you're talking about is
     [CASTE:MALE_BLACK_PEACH]
      [MALE][DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. he has black hair and peach skin]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
              [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
                   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PEACH:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
I'm pretty sure there's even a few ways to make it shorter like you can define all the castes and select multiple castes at once, or define castes based off of already defined castes that keep all that stuff so you don't need to copy it over, but in this case most of that would only provide a minor improvement and so isn't really necessary. You could also however remove that [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] from the castes and just apply it before even making any castes and make it so female dwarves have beards too, but some people might not want that. Also those descriptions are unnecessary since of course you can already see the hair and skin color of creatures in their descriptions when you define it like you're doing. Should you keep them though you should probably capitalize the he at the start of the sentence.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:29:13 pm »

Some of the hair shaping preferences are entered at the entity level rather than the creature level. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:53:36 pm »

Some of the hair shaping preferences are entered at the entity level rather than the creature level.
All of the hair shaping preferences actually.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:39:46 pm »

Some of it is creature-side.