Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gem Cutter cancels cut ... over and over  (Read 1955 times)

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gem Cutter cancels cut ... over and over
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:38:14 pm »

My gem cutters have revolted. Every gem cut order I give immediately returns a 'dwarfname, Gem Cutter cancels Cut gemtype: Needs rough gemtype'.

I have over 150 rough gems; most right next to the workshops. The gems are not forbidden. The workshops do not have any linked stockpiles (via 'give'). This happens for multiple workshops. The workshops are not set to specific dwarves/skill levels. I disabled the dfhack 'workflow' plugin, and canceled all outstanding ordered, then re-created them.

Any ideas?

0.34.11 w/ dfhack 0.34.11-r5

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Gem Cutter cancels cut ... over and over
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:40:34 pm »

I tend to have a lot of gem related job cancellation as the bins marked as the source of gems for cutting are often also involved in hauling jobs to pick up recently mined out raw gems, or freshly cut gems. Carefully set up stockpiles to avoid bins being taken from stockpiles that fed the workshops was my only real workaround.
This is a blank sig.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:40:20 pm »

I ended up deconstructing and reconstructing the workshops, which fixed the issue. Odd...

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 02:37:14 am »

As MonkyeHead says, bins are the bane of gem cutters. I'd recommend a quantum stockpile for rough gems, otherwise haulers will constantly lock bins out from the cutters. No bins in the stockpile would work as well, but that would result in a large one. Note that I have no experience with old DF versions, though.

Logiwonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 11:36:31 am »

Have any of you guys used the seed dual stockpile technique on gems? Stockpile 1 accepts from everywhere and has no bins gives to stockpile 2 which accepts only from links and has bins. Prevents hauler related cancelations for farmers in my experience.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:48:16 pm »

Yes. QS works a lot better, though.