Advanced search  

Poll

eh?

YES!
- 3 (100%)
only if... (plz elaborate)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Parasite the Maxim forum game?  (Read 727 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Parasite the Maxim forum game?
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

As a fan of John Carpenter's the thing, and sci fi monsters in general, I've been totally enchanted by the quirky PtM series. I almost was a little shocked to find no game currently running on the series, so I thought I better change that. So what are your own ideas? Would you like to be a symbiote with another player? Would you rather be the human or the parasite? Would you rather be a total parasite? Would you just want to be a human? Or perhaps a totally unique arrangement? Share you're ideas and perhaps we can get a mafia or RPG or something more suitable going. As of this post I've only seen up to episode 6 of the like 20 available so I may not be the most qualified to host, but if no one else is interested in hosting 'parasite pun indendo' I will definately like to put something on.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite the Maxim forum game?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:07 pm »

Well, the idea is indeed not a bad one. Not that I am currently tempted to host such a game, but playing is another matter.

I would think a suggestion game, based around the mc being a total parasite, might turn out to be quite interesting. The same would actually also be true for being a detective on the human side, where the lack of knowledge could give the whole thing a lot more lovecraft vibes than it has otherwise.

Obviously a mafia game is like made for this particular plot - if you are intent on this type of game, I'd suggest to talk to those that play them directly in their sub-forum.

About the plot, and your ability to host such a game "lore"-wise, well, judging by the material left in the manga, the series ought to be complete with EP 24, which should be done in around a month - enough time for you to catch up on it. Right, on that note - it stays very true to the original source, minus some minor tweaks in character design, and transporting the whole setting into more modern times. As in, no real need to force yourself to read the manga either.