Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emergency civilian execution needed!  (Read 1046 times)

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Emergency civilian execution needed!
« on: February 20, 2015, 12:20:18 am »

I have a siege engineer who is throwing a tantrum at the center of my trade depot. I have tried multiple saves to construct jails for him to be put in, for military to beat him into submission, for him to be stationed elsewhere, but he always succeeds in destroying my trade depot while traders are there.

I have given a large offering to the traders so i can become a capital next year, but if he screws this up, it will be years more before we're the capital! The depot must be saved!

I cant order my military to execute him because hes not berserk and not fully hostile. Is there any way you guys can think of to bypass this or have him immediately moved / silenced?
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency civilian execution needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:24:09 am »

The only thing I can thin of is if you have a jail or a hammerer, to convict him for some crime (if there has been any crime)
This should cause the captain of the guard to arrest him, but I dont know if the captain will take hurry on this or just loiter for ever.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 12:25:37 am »

DFHack has a command to kill a targeted creature.

Otherwise, your options are limited to "Unfortunate accidents", such as atom smashing, drowning, or molten lava spa treatments. Locking in a room also is a potential option. (Use a bridge instead of a door. They withstand building destroyers)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:44:37 am »

Why do you have to kill him? You can wall off your trade depot, dump goods there, burrow your broker, close the draw bridge. Wait for 1 month so the caravan can leave.

Problem solved.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 01:33:32 am »

(Use a bridge instead of a door. They withstand building destroyers)
Tantruming dwarves work a bit differently. I'm not sure if they can destroy raised bridges, but they can destroy bridges while proper BD tagged creatures can't.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:12:46 pm »

(Use a bridge instead of a door. They withstand building destroyers)
Tantruming dwarves work a bit differently. I'm not sure if they can destroy raised bridges, but they can destroy bridges while proper BD tagged creatures can't.
Yeah... one of my dwarves destroyed a bridge he was standing on... He drowned :/
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes