Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question about Forgotten Beasts.  (Read 830 times)

Bosse323

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Quick question about Forgotten Beasts.
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:54:26 pm »

It seems that I can't find a RAW for them. I wanted it possible to play as them in adventure mode for role-playing and such.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question about Forgotten Beasts.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:06:16 pm »

The quick answer is no, you can't.

The long answer is that with every spin of the worldgen mill, the game puts together a random collection of beasts from bits and bobs inside the executable. You can find the details of a specific world's forgotten beasts inside world.sav if you want to recreate them in traditional raw form, but they don't exist as such outside the generated world.

Bosse323

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »

Alright thank you, as with another question. I have tried getting the Hydra playable upon Dwarf Fortress and done everything that was given with the help I read. But no avail to be playing one in Adventure mode. Still new to this all as well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

Well, it's best that you tell us what you actually did so we can tell you what you did wrong.

Also, you can play as forgotten beasts in adventure mode. Their creature IDs are FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1, FORGOTTEN_BEAST_2 and so on.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:25 am »

Are you sure? They do have in-game IDs, sure, but I couldn't get them to be recognized by entity raws.