Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hopfully a quick mod question about bone/wood/shell armor  (Read 739 times)

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
hopfully a quick mod question about bone/wood/shell armor
« on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »

Hello I have been searching off and on in the wiki and the forums and I need a point in the right direction. What I want to do is very simple I just want to add a selections that would let me use bone wood shell armor sets in the uniform tab of the military screen as apposed to selecting over generic selection like Helm enstead of Bone Helm, also from having to go to each dwarf in the squad and select exact matches for the armor like *Cat Bone Helm*.

Sorry if I am sounding confused cause I am. I understand that this in theory shouldn't be to dificult to pull off but I am having issues finding entry level modding tutorials for df.

In case it helps I am running 40.24 right now with the current lazy newb pack on linux
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: hopfully a quick mod question about bone/wood/shell armor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 07:39:35 pm »

If I understand you correctly, what you're looking for is the Material option. It lets you specify the material of the armour or weapon that the dwarf should use.
There's no modding needed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:22 pm »

I think I was talking about changing the reactions (no idea what I am talking about) ie. actually add bone wood shell into the Military screen --> uniform subscreen --> Meteral selector. I have a picture of the menu that I want to add the materials to hidden by the spoiler tag. just to be clear the section I am talking about is on the right most column in with the other generic material types(metal, leather, plant fiber, silk, and yarn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:51:14 pm »

I see. I'm afraid that's not possible with modding. You might be able to do it with DFHack, but that's worlds beyond modding the raws.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »

I see, therefore I hear. too bad that the materials not being on the list has been deemed to not be a bug... mybe toady will/might fix it along with more official bone and shell armor pieces. but we will see how it it unfolds. and thanks Orange Wizard for the help. now to start pulling my hair out due to low hunting and very slow metal production.... and reasons why I am afraid of the night.