Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farming Civilization Placed Without Crops?  (Read 2177 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Farming Civilization Placed Without Crops?
« on: December 27, 2014, 03:43:16 pm »

I've been getting this rejection a lot in 0.40.X. And the worlds that I do generate are those that didn't get civilizations of certain entity types (I think I've narrowed it down).

I'm not sure what's going on. I've tried adding all the farming tags to them, adding the goblins' no_eat to the creatures, and adding the 0.40.X super-huge library of plants; doesn't help.

Two of the entites have non-sentient castes; I've tried making them all intelligent, didn't help either. They have the same biome and site tokens as goblins (with dark_fortress replaced by cave_detailed, as it caused freezing).

Spoiler: One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Two (click to show/hide)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farming Civilization Placed Without Crops?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »

The third one is 'normal', but still apparently is affected. Biome and site tokens are taken from dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:37:41 am »

There is a world rejection when a freshly placed civilization dont have access to one of their farmable plant type in their starting biome. Possible reason is removing or modding plant raws. (for example, if you remove all plants with edible growths, world rejection will become constant). I ve met this rejection when I modded plants and plant biomes, and it was not civ changes responsible for rejections.
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »

I've tried adding the whole library of 0.40.x garden & crop plants, it didn't help.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »

Okay, next round.

I've taken out all my races but one (no rejections), then added a cave race. They didn't have any non-sentient castes, and they were using the following crop tags:

[INDOOR_FARMING]
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]
[INDOOR_GADENS]
[INDOOR_ORCHARDS]

They were causing rejections.

I've added all the remaining outdoor tags to them, and there were no rejections.

So... What actually causes this? It can't be the lack of edible underground plants. I have those. One is edible raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are also other underground plants that are either edible_cooked, or have edible growths. And even then, they had outdoor farming previously!
I'm kind of unsure.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:08:26 pm by Valikdu »