Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating Civilisations That Align With Dwarves In World-gen  (Read 901 times)

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating Civilisations That Align With Dwarves In World-gen
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:53:05 am »

I wanted to try my hand at a bit of modding, and I hadn't been having much challenge invader-wise, so I decided to create a race known as The Chosen. While they start off with a base size of 78,000 (at three years old, the age they finally become adults), they have a minimum height and broadness modifier off 125 and a max of 200, so they tend to be huge. They also can make steel, as well as only producing the enlarged versions of dwarven weapons (which, thanks to the base size of 78000, they can wield one handed without the weird 1-handed/2-handed thing denying them from using it). They also have attributes all ranging from 3500-5000. They have baby snatcher so they are at war with everyone, and in case they make peace, they have a set of ideals very different to everyone else, with laws that are very lenient (it is required to kill and eat enemies and neutrals, all kinds of torture, things like that. However, lying is a capital punishment, just for the sake of being different).
Obviously they can siege too, which according to Legends is often led by demons bigger and stronger than they are. Just to make it even harder, they can use any animal in the world.

Now, what I was wondering is if it is possible to create a civilisation that will become allies with dwarves (and maybe humans) to help fight off this threat. It would be nice to look through legends and see that the great demons legions of chosen were held back by a coalition between dwarves, humans, maybe even elves and goblins.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:11:49 am by fitzitz »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Civilisations That Align With Dwarves In World-gen
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:39 am »

Entities are friendly (read: not attack on sight) when they share the same presence or absence of BABYSNATCHER and ITEM_THIEF, I think LOCAL_BANDITRY must be absent too. Neither must have UTTERANCE too because the inability to speak breaks their diplomacy.

Then it depends on their ethics, if you make a race that see lying as acceptable, humans will attack them. They also declare war with elves sometimes because of cannibalism.

So if you wish to make an ally for dwarves, give its entity neither BABYSNATCHER, ITEM_THIEF and UTTERANCES and use the same ethics.

If you give UTTERANCES to the chosen everyone should be attacking them too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:28:48 am by Boltgun »

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:35 am »

Even without utterance, they're so warlike that they seem to invade everyone at the drop of a hat anyway, but thanks for the tips.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »

Entities are friendly (read: not attack on sight) when they share the same presence or absence of BABYSNATCHER and ITEM_THIEF, I think LOCAL_BANDITRY must be absent too. Neither must have UTTERANCE too because the inability to speak breaks their diplomacy.

Then it depends on their ethics, if you make a race that see lying as acceptable, humans will attack them. They also declare war with elves sometimes because of cannibalism.

So if you wish to make an ally for dwarves, give its entity neither BABYSNATCHER, ITEM_THIEF and UTTERANCES and use the same ethics.

If you give UTTERANCES to the chosen everyone should be attacking them too.
I'm pretty sure [LOCAL_BANDITRY] doesn't affect civ relations, just adventurer relations.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia