Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40.24] Weird Errors with Egg Shells, Pus, Plants, and Sinew  (Read 2700 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[40.24] Weird Errors with Egg Shells, Pus, Plants, and Sinew
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:52:33 pm »

Okay, about a dozen random creatures from Dark Ages are strangely broken in DF 40.24. I'm not sure what changed. I fixed one problem with a missing pus template tag -but there are several more with the tag throwing out the same error.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I keep hoping I'm doing something dumb, but I don't see a pattern. Other than only thin materials have errors. Seeds, plants, egg shells, pus, and sinew.

:-\
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:19:21 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [40.24] Weird Errors with Egg Shells, Pus, Plants, and Sinew
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:28:07 am »

Those errors were added in 0.40.24, and man am I glad about them.

It means you failed to define the materials before actually using them, AFAIK.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:21 am »

Those errors were added in 0.40.24, and man am I glad about them.

It means you failed to define the materials before actually using them, AFAIK.

Thank you Puntnam. Super. I was baffled, especially with how random and limited the errors are.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:32 am »

It's also possible that a material is defined with one name, but used with a different name (say you have a material called SCALE, but in the body detail plan you write SKIN),

that you remove a material from the creature, and then fail to remove the corresponding tissue (REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN without REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN),

or that you use a different material than what the tissue expects (Such as using an IVORY material, but using the TOOTH tissue rather than the IVORY tissue).

For the most part, those should be easy errors to correct. I was actually surprised that my random scripts only spat out two types of those errors after I saw that there were several in Direforged (several related to stock creatures getting leather, but still).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 11:24:57 am »

It's also possible that a material is defined with one name, but used with a different name (say you have a material called SCALE, but in the body detail plan you write SKIN),

that you remove a material from the creature, and then fail to remove the corresponding tissue (REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN without REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN),

or that you use a different material than what the tissue expects (Such as using an IVORY material, but using the TOOTH tissue rather than the IVORY tissue).

For the most part, those should be easy errors to correct. I was actually surprised that my random scripts only spat out two types of those errors after I saw that there were several in Direforged (several related to stock creatures getting leather, but still).

Okay great. Yeah, only one of your random creatures spit out an error in Dark Ages. And that was one I tinkered with, so I wasn't even sure.

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »

I have got that error too, mysteriously not only with my own creatures, but with vanilla creatures like pond grabbers, fluffy wamblers and even oysters too. I did not tinker with one of those creatures and in their RAWs I cannot find any wrong lines.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And since when are OYSTERS supposed to have LEATHER?
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 02:01:57 pm »

I assume you're using a save from a previous version? Then that's almost the normal error log that'll occur. Oysters get (or rather want) leather because they have skin, which says that it can be turned into leather. You're using some kind of mod (or graphics pack?) though, since pixies and fairies normally don't have eggs (and green slime). Giant red pandas were also were changed, there's a typo for BLOOD.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:14:27 pm »

No, I use no save from the previous version, but I have modded in many things, new creatures, entities and such and copied them over from the last version. That pixies and fairies lay eggs is intended in my mod and the blood of the red panda is fixed now.

But there is another problem now: In the previous version my modded game was fully functional. It worked without crashes or other problems since I eliminated some errors (idling dwarves and such) but in the new version the game crashes every time I try to play on a world that is larger than pocket plane or has a history of more than 500 years. The error log do not show anything besides this material issues.
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 07:16:05 pm »

I ran into that earlier today.  Was trying to give my spider daedra chitin, and I missed one of the spots where it said skin.  Poor lads has neither skin nor chitin until I caught on to that.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.