Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my custom civ keeps dying early in world gen  (Read 1104 times)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
my custom civ keeps dying early in world gen
« on: February 06, 2015, 01:49:04 pm »

I made a my own entity. I copied everything from the humans and edited a few ethics and cultural values and allowed them to make steel weapons.

My problem is that for some reason, megabeast keeps getting routed to their hamlets very early in world gen and kills them off.

They also tend to lose wars more often get destroyed or taken over easily.

I don't get it. They got access to metals and weapons that other civs don't have. And megabeast likes to turn them into a personal target.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my custom civ keeps dying early in world gen
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:52 pm »

I am uncertain how much(if any) effect being equipped with superior metal has on worldgen battles. But, the higher VALUE of steel goods will attract Megabeast and hostile Civ attacks early on.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »

I am uncertain how much(if any) effect being equipped with superior metal has on worldgen battles. But, the higher VALUE of steel goods will attract Megabeast and hostile Civ attacks early on.
I don't think that's simulated during world generation. If it is then wow that's pretty strange. Also, getting civs to be successful during world generation is weird sometimes. I made one with a size of 90,000, a +5 to strength, +1 to agility, and +2 to all other combat attributes, and a littersize of 3:10, but they still don't do particularly well.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 12:53:53 pm »

Debugging is often better when you only change 1 thing at a time, then retest. You can narrow down which thing is likely killing them off. If you change a bunch of stuff at once and get unexpected results you can't narrow down what caused it easily.