Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15374 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

Osseum, City of Light, Grand temple of the Warmaster: 12 year of the 7th age.

The air is hot, a stiff wind flows across the great hall, you sit upon the Warmaster's throne.  Two priests and the last member of the Warmaster's home cadre face you across a holographic map of the capital.  The priests tell you that the Emperor has secluded himself within his Palace, directly across the plaza from the Temple, they say that the people are rioting in the outer wards.  Your eyes stray across the hall to the Field of Heroes, which fills the plaza that separates the palace and temple, the presence of the Emperor's loyalists makes your scales itch, how dare they defile this most holy of battlefields with untested warriors.

Mission: INSURRECTION!!!
Status: Enraged, tired, and ready to gut your 'glorious' leader
Reaver: Glory, undergoing maintenance
Location: Grand Temple of the Warmaster, City of Light, Osseum
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2014, 01:01:51 am »

Assemble all forces to smash through the defensive lines and break into the palace. Order him to step down or else death be upon him.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2014, 01:56:10 am »

What resources do we have? The old fool's forces.. What is their composition?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

"They have bumps! So many bumps!"

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2015, 03:24:59 pm »

Lost my hard drive early november, got bogged down with various family obligations throughout December, and just this past week managed to dig out my notes, the Warmaster can now recieve the attention he is due.

Snapping your eyes back to the simulation, and note the salient issues, you growl to yourself.  The rebellion lacks cohesion, there are many forces working independently against the Emperor, and you have no command over the bulk of them.  While the Emperor's forces are at a disadvantage, you lack the number of warriors to strike.  A meager two hundred blooded fighters, while your rebellion possesses over three thousand reavers, you simply do not have the skilled bodies to fill them.  The priests continue to drone on about numbers of forces and their dispersion, your eyes settle on a slave nearby.  The slave is from a recently conquered species, the Rannar, you led the battle against them yourself and fought with their strongest warriors.  The Rannar are a strange race, while they fought like true warriors, when pressed to the point of loss they surrendered.  You recall two warriors in particular who crossed their blades with you.  Fearsome of aspect and nimble, the two attacked as one, each attack and counter perfectly matched by the other.  You were pressed into a desperate attack and shattered their armaments, but when you moved to strike one of the two down, they yielded, though they could have struck while your attention was divided.

Mission: INSURRECTION!!!
Status: Enraged, tired, and ready to gut your 'glorious' leader

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:27 pm »

Let's count how many slaves we've got then. Could they pilot Reavers?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2015, 06:19:33 pm »

+1

Preferably slaves from warrior races.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2015, 11:36:44 pm »

+1

Preferably slaves from warrior races.
+1.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2015, 01:25:26 pm »

The idea forming in your mind is clearly a sign of incipient madness, but you can see no sane alternative.  "Archivist, I know of no law or tenet that prevents slaves from fighting in the Warmaster's cadre, what say the writings?"
The archivist fixes you with a blank, uncomprehending stare for a moment, then enters a deep search trance.  The speaker relays the answer to you, "There exists no inhibition against slaves serving with the cadre, and the only extant reference to their disuse is from the four-hundred and sixth Warmaster, who declared that he would fight his enemies alone and 'Without levy nor slave'"
A smile comes unbidden to your scaled countenance, "You there, Rannar servant, come here."
The young slave very nearly drops his cleaning tools in fright and rushes to obey, "I heed all commands, Swordbreaker."
The reference catches you off guard, you have heard that the Rannar have their own name for your position, but to have it spoken so directly feels strange.  "When the Rannar fell, their warriors were brought here, to the capital, and displayed as spoils of war.  Were are they now?"
"Most serve here within the Temple, and as keepers of the sacred Field of Heroes."  The Rannar youth fidgets uncomfortably, clearly this line of questioning causes him distress.

Mission: Assembling an army

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »

Would you fetch your elders? I have a task for your people.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2015, 06:21:59 am »

Would you fetch your elders? I have a task for your people.

Tell him to be snappy about it as well.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2015, 04:05:54 pm »

"I charge you with fetching them then, Gol, take this well spoken servant to his elders and ensure that my command is relayed."  As your last Cadre member departs to follow the slave, you turn back to the projection and consider a moment, "Archivist, where are the Rannar reapers we took as prizes?"
Again the archivist enters a deep search trance and the speaker voices the findings, "Of the five-thousand seized reapers, currently two thousands are on display in the sanctum hangars, one thousand were used for study, and another two thousands were utilized as training materials.  Of those used for study and for training, only five hundreds remain."
"Have them all returned to combat status immediately.  Also prepare to open the armories to the Rannar."
"Warmaster, is it wise to arm the slaves so?  The Rannar are a defeated people, and likely to rebel against us."
Coldly you face the speaker, fixing him with your gaze, he begins to violently tremble with fear.  "Not only do I intend to arm them, I will also grant them freedom, speaker.  Our prophecy has been broken by the humans, our future is chaos, to survive we must change with the times."

Mission: Choosing the future

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon, wars of the future (SF Suggestion Game with mechs and starships)
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

Let's try to get into communication with the other rebelling factions. Our forces and the Rannar should make us credible, so maybe we can start trying to get them coordinated.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]