Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Snakes in the moat!  (Read 570 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Snakes in the moat!
« on: January 07, 2015, 01:18:21 am »

I just checked my moat as it's filling, and I just saw a bunch of adder corpses in it. Why are there snakes in my moat? I didn't put them there, there are no adder related combat reports, and I've not seen them anywhere else on the map.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in the moat!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 05:22:00 am »

I've not seen them anywhere else on the map.

They should be very difficult to spot because of their low size modifier so that is probaly why. But I mean a snake pit is perfect, right? :) as long as they can't climb out and your hildren don't fall in.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:50:41 am »

They crawled in while it was filling up and promptly drowned.

You wont get combat reports so long no of your Hoppeheads are directly involved.

Headless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:48 am »

You wont get combat reports so long no of your Hoppeheads are directly involved.

Are hopeheads the dorfs?  I get combat reports all the time that have nothing to do with dorfs.  My favorite was the giant otter that was swept over the falls.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:47 am »

My bad right i remember. You indeed get combat report, reminds me on those bugged suicide birds we had...

But i dont remember ever getting a combat report of a animal simple drowning...

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »

I can confirm that, you will not get combat report when creature will drown. This is how 1/3 of my fortress died... in river... just because some not happy urist pulled lever connected to FBL - Flooding baracks lever (just in case, when my military dwarf will be losing because some nasty thingie)...
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.