Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play: Europa Universalis 4  (Read 2616 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Europa Universalis 4
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:32:15 pm »

I've never done a Let's Play of EU4 before, and I've not played as Ming since one of my first games in EU3 - not sure how it's going to turn out, and there may be a little cheating for better storytelling.

Spoiler: Ming, 1444 (click to show/hide)

So in the beginning, I seem to have a relatively strong economy - not strong enough for my liking however - and quite a bit of religious strife. Animist is rampant. No less, my council is pushing me to retake Dai Viet.

I intend to take it smoothly for the time being, stabilise and improve my trade. Once I had a backbone and stability, I can start pushing others around. For now, I've secured Lan Xang and Korea as allies... I'm going to also reinforce my northern border in anticipation of any horde invasions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Table of Contents
1449-1453 - The Conquest of Hami (War)
1453-1455 - The Hetu Ala Event (War)
1455-1463 - The Spreading of Ming's Wings (Peace)
1483-1469 - First Invasion of Oirat (War)
1469-1477 - Post-War Peacetime (Peace)
1477- - Ming Conquest of Dong Kinh
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:36:44 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NORTH-WEST FRONTIER
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »

Spoiler: Sarig Yogir (click to show/hide)

In the north-western reach of my empire is a single-territory nation of mountain dwelling desert people, contesting mostly of hunter-gatherers I would imagine. I've embraced these in my arms, with future possibilities for vassalisation and eventual annexation. For now however, they are embroiled in a war of aggression against outlying Chagatai territories, I may have to get involved in the case of their endagerment. For now however, my council agrees that we should sit, wait and see if these people can prove themselves worthy.

Update

Not only have the people of Sarig Yogir proven to be successful, but have quickly jumped into combat with another nation much larger than their own within the same year. Truly they are fierce.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:06:50 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Europa Universalis 4
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:59:52 pm »

Posting for interest.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:04:02 pm »

Posting to follow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 01:06:55 pm »

The Ming Conquest of Hami

With support moving toward the Bureaucratic faction as opposed to the Temple faction, the nobles have made it clear they wish the expansion of the empire to focus in the north-west - with the removal of Kara Del. However, they are allies with Sarig Yogir, our diplomatic investment.

That said, perchance, the alliance has now been broken. With themselves found floundering with no allies, my armies move in for the kill. 16,000 against 7,000.

Just as we declare war, Kara Del and Sarig Yogir desperately attempt to rebuild their relations, their alliance flickering on and off a couple of times. And during their moment of weakness, we strike. Kara Del look on in horror as Sarig Yogir turn a blind eye to their nomadic allies.

Spoiler: A Declaration of War (click to show/hide)

Qiyu Zhu, the Emperor's Son, heir to the throne, no less, leads the charge.

Spoiler: The March of Qiyu Zhu (click to show/hide)

The terrain is rough and the valley that they choose to make their last stand is advantageous to these people - they know their lands well. However, even with the (25%+ attack bonus) advantage in discipline, morale and combat ability, our numbers overwhelm them.

Spoiler: Battle of Hami Begins (click to show/hide)

The battle is won. Our morale is low as we besiege their last garrison, and their armies flee to the south. 2,000 warriors stand siege whilst the remaining 11,000 chase down the weakened army.

Spoiler: Battle of Hami (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Chase (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Total Annihilation (click to show/hide)

The war begun 8 June 1449, and ended with the Siege of Hami in 9 March 1450. The Nomads were obliterated and the lands were taken in less than a year.

Spoiler: The End of the War (click to show/hide)

With their annexation, Hami falls under the influence and eventual rule of the Ming Empire.

Spoiler: The Spoils of War (click to show/hide)

Following this victory, the Bureaucratic Faction demand that we make Hami into a core province, adapting the people's lifestyle and infrastructure to that of our own.

Spoiler: The Hami Core Mission (click to show/hide)

And the rest of the province of Hami, for now, is history.

Spoiler: The Three Factions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:36:49 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THE HETU ALA EVENT
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »

Following the conquest of Hami, the Ming Empire went on in gentle sway and political peace for over three years, seeing many events come, such as the Outward Expansion of trade, culture and influence in September 1450, the repair of the Great Wall of China in December 1451, the Conversion of The Gilded Pagoda into an examination center in June 1452 and the discovery of a Gold Mine in the province of Jingzhou in August 1453.

Furthermore, in June 1453, relationships stabilized with Sarig Yogir to a point of agreement for Vassalisation under the Ming Empire's rule. However, they were still embroiled in a war with Nepal with their standing ally of U-Tsang, who were losing miserably to the mountain-weathered Indians.

As the Ming Empire looked on in partial disinterest, awaiting for the eventual fall of the U-Tsang valley nomads, on the 5th November 1453, the Bureaucrats in the capital pushed forward a claim on the province of Hetu Ala, belonging to the nation of Jianzhou. Jianzhou was an old country north-east of the Ming Empire, holding tightly to the coasts of Manchuria and trading freely with the shogunate of Japan. They however claimed sporadically to territories beyond their reach, and no neighbours seemed to care much for this. They were isolated and alone, and the war machine of Ming began to brew.

Spoiler: Province of Hetu Ala (click to show/hide)

Update: 18.38

As the Ming Empire began to mobilize their armies, a tribal feud broke out on the 23 December 1453, Jianzhou against Haixi.

Taking advantage of this, timing was key and as such - before all the armies were even truly ready - War was declared on 1 March 1454. By this time, some blood was likely to have been shed by the tribal feud. The Emperor stood ready with his army in the province of Shenyang, whilst the great general Zhi Zhao stood by to the south with his in Andong. However, Qiyu Zhu, the emperor's son who had won Hami, was still traveling eastward with his army and the Korean Armies were generally unprepared, yet willing, to fight.

Spoiler: The Two Armies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Declaration of War (click to show/hide)

In March 1454, Zhi Zhao moved forward with Qhizen Zhu to Hetu Ala, whilst the emperor then moved forward to Hungcun.

Spoiler: Combat Movements (click to show/hide)

The sieges began, with scouts reporting Jianzhou's main army to be sieging a Haixi fort in Girin. The battle lines were drawn, and the sieges were long. Eventually, in April 1454, the Emperor's Son, Qiyu Zhu arrived in Andong with orders to move forward and spread the siege stress forward to the province of Ningguta. Arriving in June 1454, the Koreans had quickly drawn together a loose movement of two armies, sieging the province of Furdan and Haixi had 9,000 troops sieging the Jianzhou capital of Ilan Hala.

Spoiler: June 1454 Sieges (click to show/hide)

A great victory was won in October of the same year with the fall of Hetu Ala, scoring a demolishing blow to the morale of Jianzhou - they had lost that which the Ming Empire had reason for war. General Zhao moved forward to the coastlands of Yaran, arriving not till December during a light winter fall. The Haixi fort in Cirin fell in the new year of 1455, with the aggressors turning to the province of Hetu Ala in an attempt to reclaim.

Spoiler: Haixi loss of Girin (click to show/hide)

Upon hearing this, Qizhen Zhu left behind 3,000 men to hold the siege lines whilst he charged head first to the defence of the garrison in Hetu Ala - mostly made up of peasants and city guards from nearby Ming and Korean territories, and turncoat nomads.

15,000 men left Huncun for Hetu Ala. The Jianzhou army of 10,000 fled north to Girin - and further after being chased out of territory that the Ming Empire could legally travel in, without bringing down tribesmen loyal to Haixi... which could have led to a war to yet be fought another day, to be sure.

In March 1455, Qizhen returned to Huncun with 14,000 men. None of which had died by blade, but had fallen to rationing spread too thinly on the march, the cold or desertion.

Shortly after in April of the same year, the tribal country of Jianzhou, faced with overwhelming odds, surrendered Hetu Ala early in the war. Historians reflect upon this as an attempt to savor manpower and coffers so they could refocus on their war with Haixi, which they currently held the upper hand in. The Ming Empire graciously accepted this offer, resulting once more in peace, yet to be seen how long till broken.

Spoiler: Jianzhou surrenders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:04:52 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

This is interesting. I haven't played Ming since before Art of War, and the map was... different.

Why are you sticking to the bureaucrats? It at least used to be that eunuchs were much better, since trade revenue > tax revenues.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THE SPREADING OF MING'S WINGS
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:17:11 pm »

During the Conquest of Hetu Ala, the war in the west had raged on between Nepal and U-Tsang. Indeed, Nepal lost not a single battle, and in October 1455, U-Tsang surrendered every occupied territory - reducing the once great mountain plateau-residing nomad country to the two lowland riverlands of Lhasa and Nyingchi. Following this declaration of surrender, Sarig Yogir immediately became the Vassal of Ming a few days later.

For years, during their one-year war in the east with Jianzhou and before, Ming had been slipping money freely into the hands of great and small tribal clans in addition to gifting large sums of money and other such cultural gestures. Indeed, the riches and consumptions of the empire had persuaded these nomads to their way of life.

On the first of November 1455, Kham, a long-standing neutral nomadic country to U-Tsang, declared them as their rival. U-Tsang now stood surrounded by impassable peaks to their south, and two great nations who would in the future fight over the remaining lands like two lions with a carcass.

In November 1455, Nepal drew their blade first before Kham, declaring them as their rival. With the triangle set, tensions rose on the western borders of Ming. And with that, the nobles of Ming began to plot, spreading rumours of an ancient claim on the eastern provinces of Kham.

In May 1456, tensions rose between the Oirat Horde and Ming following the discovery of a village in Hami burned to the ground with few survivors to tell the tale. The Emperor then had his troops moved to the western borders in preparation of any further attacks. Soon after in July, the Tribal Feud between Haixi and Jianzhou - later involving the tribal federation of Yeren - resulted in a stalemate and Haixi declaring Jianzhou as their rival.
However if Yeren had not stepped in, later in the war, Jianzhou surely would have taken much more - as such, the nomad people of Haixi felt a debt to those of Yeren.

For the next few years Ming enjoyed relative peace. The tribes to the north were unusually quiet, the nobles to the south kept to their counting of gold and silver, no wars broke out over U-Tsang - most likely due to Kham's alliance with the Oirat Horde and Mongolia, and Nepal's war with the Indian nobles to the south.

In October 1456, the Bureaucratic Faction offered a Jade Seal to the Emperor,  in November of the same year The Emperor made an absolute fool of himself in front of his nobles, vassals and foreign dignitaries, in April 1457 a heated conversation between the three major factions came to blows and finally, with the growth in culture, riches and lands of the empire, rumours of Yuanzhang Zhu returning to save the nation were backed by government spies.

The Oirat Horde increased tensions between 1456 and 1458 with further minor aggressions and insults, as well as threatening any traders that would cross their borders - effectively embargoing any trade Ming would attempt with them. In retaliation, Ming met this with their own threat to traders.

Since the fall of U-Tsang, U-Tsang had kept a skilled diplomat in the capital of Ming, constantly attempting to win their favour. With the ever closing inevitability of Sarig Yogir becoming completely of Ming, and the dried husk of an alliance with Lan Xang coming to an end, Ming focused more keenly to the western situation. In December 1458, an alliance and royal marriage was sealed between Ming and U-Tsang, Ming proclaiming a guarantee of independence against any would-be aggressors on their new found ally.

Between 1458 and 1460, relations improved between Ming and a small kingdom known as Hsenwi to the south-west, with possible interest in becoming Ming's vassal.

In February 1460, a great Influenza struck. The city was quarantined and the nobles evacuated. However, tragically, the war hero and heir to the throne, Qiyu Zhu, did not survive - leaving Qhizen's next son, Bo, as heir.

In July 1460 an alliance and marriage was struck between Hsenwi and Ming and in September of the same year, An inquisitor was hired to aid with the heretic threat still running rampant in the south-western territories.

In April 1461, U-Tsang finally became Ming's vassal, to be followed two short years later by the petty kingdom of Hsenwi.

However in this time in September 1462, a tribal conquest broke out in the northern khanates of Korchin and Yeren, then in October 1463, Kham declared war against Mong Yang to the south.

This was problematic for Ming - if Kham secured Mong Yang, this would form an even more difficult border to breach between U-Tsang and themselves - and with the Oirat Horde to the north protecting Kham, this was not going to be a problem soon answered. However, with Kham now at war with Mong Yang, and three vassals of Ming surrounding Kham, this left Ming's forces free to combat the Oirat Horde whilst the Korean's forces, hopefully, would defend them against the Oirat Horde's vassal, and Ming's historical enemy, Mongolia.

So at this point, the northern tribes were pre-occupied with their own wars, the nobles in the south were quietly counting their coppers, Nepal to the west was in turmoil due to a long rebel-based civil war following their occupation of the mountain lands and Kham had waged a war they should not have. The claim that Ming had made on Kham's eastern territories stood ripe for the picking, and Oirat stood ready for war.

With a relatively secure plan, Ming acted quickly to rebuilding relations with Korea and prepared the northern lands for war.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:18:39 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 02:17:35 pm »

This is interesting. I haven't played Ming since before Art of War, and the map was... different.

Why are you sticking to the bureaucrats? It at least used to be that eunuchs were much better, since trade revenue > tax revenues.

I'm not sure, but these claims are keeping things interesting so far, haha.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FIRST INVASION AGAINST THE OIRAT HORDE
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »

On 12th March 1464, Ming was ready - and cast the first stone, against the Oirat Horde. For too long they had insulted and threatened the Ming Empire, and it was beginning to make them look weak.

All vassals came to the call of banners, whilst the alliance with Korea was left sour when they warned the Ming Empire they would not attend in such a distant affair.

The plan was to break the alliance between Kham and the Oirat Horde, leaving them open for a second war, and to also capture provinces that Sarig Yogir had long held claim to... following the success of the war, Sarig Yogir would fall to annexation by Ming, leaving Kham open to a full assault and ending in an opening between U-Tsang and the empire.

Spoiler: Declaration of War (click to show/hide)

Sarig Yogir headed for Rebgong.
U-Tsang headed for Gyegu.
Hsenwi headed for Markam.

Spoiler: Battles of Kham (click to show/hide)

General Zhao headed for Alxa.
Bo Zhu headed for Ejin.
Qizhen Zhu headed for Govi.

Spoiler: Battles of Oirat (click to show/hide)

In April 1464, there was a minor skirmish between Qizhen Zhu and General Choros... this was an overwhelming defeat for the Oriat Horde...

...or would have been... had not reinforcements appeared to the north.

The Emperor Qizhen tasted his first defeat because of his arrogance, and as General Zhao abandoned the siege in Ejin to take advantage of the demoralised forces in Govi, it was much to his surpise when he was subsequently defeated in June 1464. Bo Zhu, an incredible tactician, also failed in the face of the enemy. All three armies, or the remnants of them, retreated to Ming to regroup.

Meanwhile, in December 1464, the horde army led by  General Choros crossed Ming to support the Kham forces and break sieges, sending the Sarig Yogir forces scattering for their homeland.

Emperor Qizhen Zhu, his son, Bo, and the General Zhao had tasted bitter defeat unexpectedly by less number of barbarian folk. In central Ming they reunited, and on their way westward, gathered more recruits.

In March 1465, the three leaders led 27,000 men on an assault across the border into Kham on a 10,000 strong army they had happened across.

Spoiler: Crossing Border (click to show/hide)

The forces were at breaking point, but eventually won after four weeks of skirmishes, hit and run tactics and bloody battle.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

The Ming Army followed the Kham army north into the valley of Gyegu, where their last standing army was then decimated in June 1465.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

However, to the south, a newly banded army of 4,000 men broke U-Tsang's siege of Markam. Meanwhile, Oirat and Chagatai hordes lay waste to the north-western provinces.

Spoiler: Markam Siege Broken (click to show/hide)

The Emperor swung his men north-east to combat a newly arisen Mongolian horde. The Ming army was subsequently defeated once again in October 1465... they retreated to the east so they could regroup fully. The Horde alliance was crushing the Ming at every turn.

The province of Ordos and Qakilik fell in November 1465, Hami in February 1466 and Ningwu in August 1466.

Spoiler: Province Losses (click to show/hide)

During their respite, there was an advancement in military technology. With this and fully armed and rested troops, mostly restored in September 1466, they moved along the Ming coast, engaged the Mongols once more in December 1466 - Qhizen took Ningwu whilst Bo charged the Mongol horde in Datong.

22,000 men then lost to 10,000 in three days with barely a wound a side - followed by the same result as Qhizen's army of 19,000 attacked the mongol horde.

With the multiple failings, strife struck politically and the Bureaucratic Faction was dishonoured by the Emperor. The Temple Faction took over instead in January 1467 - a much more militarily focused faction.

Spoiler: Faction Change-over (click to show/hide)

Finally in August 1467, after nearly three years of constant defeat, the Ming Empire won their first battle in the war which was now weighing heavily in the Oirat Horde's favour.

Spoiler: Battle of Datong (click to show/hide)

In this time, Sarig Yogir had been completely overrun by the hordes, Y-Tsang was losing heavily to Kham and Hsenwi's pitiful army was barely holding a siege together in southern Kham.

Turn of the war

As the tide of battle began to turn, in November 1467, Bo Zhu led an army to the border province of Ningxia to break the siege, whilst at the same time Zhi Zhao chased the remnants of the Mongol Horde to their country's northern reaches.

Spoiler: Bo Zhu's Battle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zhi Zhao's Battle (click to show/hide)

Bo Zhu hired mercenaries to win back the provinces lost to the east. The defeat of the Mongol army spread quickly. Zhu's army tracked a Kham army as it headed north through Sarig Yogir to join up with the main Oirat and Chagatai host, with reinforcing Oirat plainsmen coming from the north, also being cut off by General Zhao. As the armies traversed westward, they were on a collision course for a pincer movement on a large battle - ironically in Hami, where the Ming found their first conquest by Bo Zhu's brother back in 1453.

Spoiler: Battle View (click to show/hide)

After both armies of Ming maneuvered across the plains of the Horde countries, pushing the hordes back with every step, it finally came to an end in August 1468 when the combined forces of Ming standing at 34,000 cavalry and footmen clashed with the 15,000 of the Chagatai, Kham and Oirat horde... resulting in their decimation, sending the survivors fleeing west.

Spoiler: Pincer Attack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle of Tesetserlig (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, as U-Tsang and Sarig Yogir stood defeated, the small 3,000 army of Hsenwi swept through Kham unimpeded, winning the siege of Tachienlu in July 1468.

Spoiler: Hsenwi forces (click to show/hide)

Ordos was recaptured by the mercenary groups in October 1468 - Ningwu soon after. More mercenary groups were paid for from the extensive coffers built up during the long peace-time, the newer mercenaries sent westward to liberate the vassal lands, meanwhile the original 6,000 mercenaries were sent into Mongolia.

Whilst in pursuit of the fleeing horde, Bo Zhu split from General Zhao when scouts reported a small reinforcement band to the north of their position, whilst General Zhao continued westward.

Spoiler: Splitting of Forces (click to show/hide)

The Fall of the Oirat Horde

On the 19th July 1469, the Oirat Horde lost their first territory to Bo Zhu, heir to the Ming throne. More mercenaries were paid to spread through Mongolia and Kham, whilst the main Ming Army laid waste to the north-western territories.

Spoiler: Tannu Uriankhai falls (click to show/hide)

For the next three years, mercenary bands under the flag of Ming spread like cancer across Mongolia, Kham, Sarig Yogir, U-Tsang and eventually, Oirat - and indeed for the record, in some cases, Ming; many of the country folk suffered war crimes such as rape, murder and theft as a result. Meanwhile, Bo Zhu fought off any would-be gatherings of plainsmen coming down from the unchartered lands beyond the known Oirat border provinces.

In the end, crippled as they were, Oirat gave all three lands that Sarig Yogir and Ming held claim too, as well as taking Markam, to open a path to the mountain men of U-Tsang. The war was long and costly, but the men of Ming learned the bitter taste of defeat.

In recognition of his efforts, the Emperor renamed the valley of Markam to 'Bo's Run' and allowed Bo's request to rename Hami to Qiyu Valley.

Spoiler: Qiyu Valley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bo's Run (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:44:42 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
POST-WAR PEACETIME
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »

During the war with Oirat, the lands north of the mountains that Nepal had secured from U-Tsang had fallen into chaos, and eventually, overturned their local Indian lords. The broken lands had split into two factions; those that wanted to stay as Kham, and those who chose to be ruled by a benevolent ruler spoken of to the south-east... as a result, the southern half had formed into the lands of Kham, whilst the majority had chosen to be ruled by Tripura, a small Asian petty kingdom to the west of Ming on the border of India.

Furthermore, Lan Xan had expanded south-east, taking the coastland.

Following the war with the hordes, in the first half of 1474 Sarig Yogir was wiped from history and incorporated as Ming. Whilst fierce and brave warriors all as an independent country, as a vassal, they had proven useless.

Spoiler: Ming the Almighty (click to show/hide)

As war passed into bitter memory and the Temple Faction found themself once more in power, they again pushed forward their claim of taking Dai Viet - and after turning the tide of war in Ming's mortal moment, nobody could stop them.

In May 1474, Lan Na, a small Asian petty kingdom bordering Hsenwi, had approached Ming in hopes of vassalisation - Ming would not have been able to say no this.

In November 1475, Haixi attacked Jianzhou in a tribal feud - supported by neighbouring tribes, Korchan and Yeren.
(more coming)

Following the Vassalisation of Lan Na in April 1477, it was time to turn toward Dai Viet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:23:38 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MING CONQUEST OF DONG KINH
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »

Spoiler: Initial War Report (click to show/hide)

The war was going to be brutal and bloody; the Ming Emperor Qizhen remembered his brutal defeat in arrogance against the Oirat and was not likely to repeat those mistakes.

The first battle was swift, 16,000 led by Bo Zhu marching against 9,000 in June 1477. By July 1477, Cao Bang was under siege.

As Cao Bang fell to Ming, Ayuntthaya allies had swept from the west, passing through Lan Na and Hsenwi, arriving in Song La in February 1478. Cao Bang fell to Ming in March 1478, and at the same time, third party rebels rose in Song La and defeated the southern invaders - these were then, in their weakened state, swept aside by Bo Zhu.

Meanwhile, General Zhao had moved straight south to the capital, besieging Dong Kinh.

Spoiler: Dai Viet, 1478 (click to show/hide)

General Zhao took Dong Kinh in March 1478, defeating a pitiful defence in Hai Phong in April 1478.
After the years of combat and days of endless horseback riding as a large force in the war in the plains to the north, these jungle skirmishes were most like met with ease, though surely would have brought their own challenges, also.

Spoiler: Battle of Hai Phong (click to show/hide)

On the 10th May 1478, Qizhen slipped into the shadows of legend, making way for Emperor Bo I Zhu and his heir, Yourong Zhu.

Spoiler: New Emperor (click to show/hide)

(More Coming)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:44:14 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.