Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Immortal Elephants  (Read 2197 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Elephants
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:11 pm »

I'd use spear dwarves if yu really want to kill a large animal. They can penitrate the thick hide, puncture organs, cause severe bleeding, and break bones! The hunters might be bad at killing, but paired with some adequate spear fighters, they will take one down pretty easily.

Well I never bother keeping a hunter around, unless the job is enabled by default.
If I want to kill something I just send a squad.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »

If you want elephants, set up a choke point using constructed walls where they usually migrate through, and fill it with cage traps. That way you can haul them to a place where they can be killed easily, tame and bread them, or turn them into war elephants.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »

If you want elephants, set up a choke point using constructed walls where they usually migrate through, and fill it with cage traps. That way you can haul them to a place where they can be killed easily, tame and bread them, and turn them into war elephants elephant nuggets.
fixed that for you
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

If you want elephants, set up a choke point using constructed walls where they usually migrate through, and fill it with cage traps. That way you can haul them to a place where they can be killed easily, tame and bread them, and turn them into war elephants elephant nuggets war elephant nuggets.

fixed that fixed that for you
Stages of DF Ideas:
How do the mechanics for this work?
How can I weaponise it?
How can I add magma?
How can I weaponise it?
How can I automate it?

Airgeoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 01:23:59 pm »

What kind of bolts were you using? I've personally found that metal bolts are much more effective on tough animals than wood or bone, which seem to really work only on small unarmorred targets.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 02:02:42 pm »

You must have been unlucky, yes there shouldn't be more than 100 bolts fired before you have a head hit.

Maybe your bolts can't penetrate elephant skulls ?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 08:44:45 pm »

-wrong thread-
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:55:30 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 [2]