Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gem finished goods  (Read 407 times)

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gem finished goods
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

While trying to attain metropolis status, I noticed that my gem cutter made a masterwork tigereye bracelet.
I know that sometimes dwarves make large gems instead of cut gems, but is this a feature I've just never seen before?
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Gem finished goods
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:57:17 pm »

Quite. It's rare, but they can make gem finished goods.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:09:07 pm »

They can also make gem furniture. Again rare, but I once scored a rosequartz coffin.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:24:27 pm »

It was an artifact, but I got a (rough) emerald throne made from 3 uncut pieces.  Its value...was absurd.  This was all in the first year before my defense were set up.  I quickly died to goblins right after the first caravan left.