Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highmax's Alpha Sapphire Clusterlocke (Egg+Class+Unlocke) We need Pokemon Eggs!  (Read 2119 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Well, I've decided to be a madman after finding out some nuzlocke variants. So I'm going to be doing this on Alpha Sapphire, so I won't be able to do much in the ways of screenshots, but I'll be using pictures of character models. Those who saw my other nuzlocke, I won't be continuing it as I lost the save.

For the rules, here's the gist of it:

1) Catch the first pokemon you find on a route. You can't use it
2) Release or permanently box defeated pokemon
3) Everytime you catch a pokemon you have to trade it off for an egg (I'll take eggs from posters if you guys are willing to send one. I have access to some other people who can give me eggs in real life too)
4) Each pokemon in your party must fulfill a role, be it Knight (standard all around fighter), Healer (status effects, no attack over 40 base damage), Ninja (high speed and attack/sp. attack stats, low defence/special defences and hp), Tank (high HP and defences, low attack and speed), Mage (special attackers, must have more special attacks then physical attackers) and Rogue (Melee fighters, must have more physical attacks then special attacks)
5) Several things are locked. Ex. Evolving is prohibited until the first badge is obtained, no TMs until second badge is obtained, etc. (check the Unlocke on the link to see the full list)
6) Nickname all pokemon
7) Other then eggs, the only trading possible is to evolve pokemon
8) No EXP share (just to make it harder on me)
9) Upon defeating a Gym Leader, I must retire one of my pokemon and they will be put into a special box labeled "Hall of Fame"

So as I play this, I'm going to document it... So, let the carnage begin! (First post to come when my first set of eggs hatched)

(Heres a link to the variants page: )

http://nuzlocke.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nuzlocke_Variants

IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME AN EGG, PM ME AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT.

I will take eggs from anyone. The only criteria for the eggs is it has to fill either a role that has not been filled yet OR it has to fill a role in a secondary slot if the team is full (so no machops if I need a mage, no nosepass if I need a ninja, etc.).

TEAM:
Knight - Murderface
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Healer - Nuptup

Ninja - Kit

Tank - Mark

Mage - Nobody

Rogue - Laufey

Boxed:

To Be Traded for Eggs:

HALL OF FAME
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:12:36 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highmax's Clusterlocke Challenge (Egglocke + Classlocke + Unlocke)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:36:00 pm »

So, today I began my journey after May pulled some ridiculous bet on me that I couldn't go on an adventure having a team based on our D&D campaign. I took her up on that bet for $5000 that I could do it with only pokemon that people gave me through eggs along with some extra restrictions because her joke of "you don't have enough badges to train me!" I'll show her... I've already gotten some guys from other guys! See? We got three eggs for each route on the way to getting this damn trading device! We got:

Kit the Vulpix. Wait, it knows HEAT WAVE and HEX!? Dayum! You're the party ninja!

Next we have Mark. Like his name, mark is plain, simple and I have no idea what I'm going to do with you. I think because you're probably going to become an umbreon, I'll throw you into the tank role.

... I think this last one was a joke from my buddy. Until I get a better option, Vol is on Mage duty (because it only knows two moves until level 10... Go figure)

And obviously, we got Murderface, the mudkip who is our Knight. But I think in this case, he's more of a squire. So... Murderface the Squire, Kit the Ninja with attacks too strong for its own good, Mark the plain tank, and Vol the joke mage. Even his horns (are they even horns? Intennae? Feelers? His hair?) make it look like he's wearing a jesters hat sort of.

I go onto the next route and catch myself a wingull who's probably going to be traded away for something that either I don't want or something that I REALLY can't have a good use for. For now, the box you go.

I swear, most of these battles consist of Murderface jumping into combat before these newborns are ready to fight by themselves.

Damnit guys, pull it together! We don't want a party wipe before we get out of the first area! I know we're low leveled, but still, Murderface isn't the tank, that's your job mark!

Much later...

Finally... We got everyone to a REASONABLE level. Now, we can tackle that damn forest. I got in and caught a cascoon that I'm glad I get to trade off. With Vol, I got enough bug types until I can replace him. We kick some trainers asses and thne I realized I need to do more grinding and need a rogue and a healer. I'm gonna go grab some more guys via trade before I continue so I have a full party.

To be continued...

Guys caught this session:
- Zigzagoon
- Poochyena
- Wurmple
- Wingull
- Cascoon

Hatched this session:
- Kit / Vulpix
- Mark / Eevee
- Sol / Larvesta

Needed to be Traded for Eggs this Session:
=> Cascoon
=> Wingull

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

PTW, this will be awesome.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We finally got two eggs from the locals which now gave us a full party. Here we have the new party Healer and Rogue:

BEHOLD, NUPTUP THE SON OF NUPTUP! WHERE THERE IS SOULS, HE WILL DEVOUR! And also heal himself.

And here we have Laufey, the party rogue. Dark type seems to suit the role.

Now we can tackle that damn forest without having to worry too much about Sol sucking too much. Then we run into this guy who's looking for shroomish, yadda yadda yadda, some thug shows up.

Aqua Dude: Gimmie your sh** you crazy old coot!

Devon Nerd: HAAAAAAAALP! SSAAAAAAVE MEEEEEE!

Goddamnit... I beat the Aqua thug up and the guy gave us a piece of garbage EXP share. Why is it garbage? Because I can't use it as per the bet I have...

Anyway, we make it out of the forest, get in town and May seems to be enthralled by the town. How joyous... I go to the next route and train a bit and get two extra egg fodder. Now its only training and the first gym leader...

((I got two pokemon to trade for eggs. I'll take anything right now))

Guys Caught This Post:
Taillow - Level 7
Whismur - Level 8

Hatched This Post:
Nuptup / Oddish
Laufey / Absol

Neede to be Traded This Post:
=> Taillow
=> Whismur
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:02:52 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After hour of training (and Mark and Sol sucking waaaaayyyy too much) I decided to bring the party to fight Roxanne: the rock type gym leader. She uses tank pokemon like Mark, but unlike Mark, they can actually tank most attacks and dish out some mean damage. Lucky for me, squire Murderface and Nuptup, as my healers, we can do some nasty damage to them. Mark seems eager to get stronger, but alas, we can't let him yet because of the unlocke rules. Kit and Sol will be taking a back seat this time around, and Mark will mostly be running support and Laufey will be running finisher as rogues do.

Ok guys, lets go- Oh no...

Youngsters: HEY B****! YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH HERE WITHOUT PASSING THE TEST! AND THE TEST IS TO F*** OFF NOOB! YEAH! GET LOST NOOB! <insert standard banter from small children on FPSers>

Schoolkid: This isn't your Call of Duty games, boys! Grow up!

... I have to deal with gradeschoolers...

Several dead defeated children later...

Ok, thats taken care of, now to finally get my first badge so Mark can stop glowing every time he levels up. Murderface, you're up!

Roxanne: Just as I expected... I knew you would be able to get this far.

That's not an impressive feat if your only gym trainers don't even know what a VCR is. I told them to try battling me once they find out what it is.

Roxanne: Well... That explains why they walked off in confusion. Now! Show me what you're made of!

Well this shouldn't be too hard. Murderface! Murde- I mean, water gun!

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Geodude lived with sturdy!

... Goddamnit... Murderface! Use mud slap!

Leader Roxanne used Super Potion!

Murderface used Mud-Slap! *deals 50% hp*

DAMNIT! For crying out loud! Murderface, just... Water gun... I'm sick of this...

Its super effective! Geodude fainted!

Roxanne: Geodude! Nice one! Nosepass, go!

NUPTUP! ITS TIME TO SHINE! Sleep powder!

Nuptup missed!

Nosepass used rock tomb! Nuptup loses most of his HP!

... We;re just... Gonna... Yeah... Murderface? Go deal with that...

Tackle! Murderface is in bad shape!

Highmax used a potion

Rock tomb! Murderface was hit critically and lost all the HP the potion healed!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Highmax used another potion...

Nosepass used harden

I would make a dirty comment here, but you're asking for it... Murderface, use water gun

Super effective! nosepass lost a lot of HP!

Nosepass used tackle! It didn't do very much...

Murderface kicks nosepass in the balls with a water gun! Its game over for Roxanne!

Roxanne: Looks like I have more to learn...

No, you got a good tanky team. Your only downfall was I had a water type. I'll take that badge now.

Roxanne: I understand. The league rules state trainers receive this if they defeat a gym leader. Take the Official Pokemon League Stone Badge!

BADGE GET!

LEVEL UP!
Trianer can now evolve pokemon!
Unlocked the ability to train pokemon up to level 20!
Unlocked the ability to use cut outside of battle!
Unlocked Great Ball!
Unlocked Super Potion!
Unlocked Burn/Ice/Paralyze Heal + awakening!
Unlocked Repel!
Unlocked Escape Rope!

I think that was a bit more unnecessary then it needed to be...

Roxanne: Here, take this TM!

Uhh... Thanks? I can't use it or use cut until I get my second badge. But beleive me, it'll be a good day then. But now, we have to honor one of our Teammates into the HALL OF FAME...

... You knew it was coming, didn't you Sol? Well... It can't be helped... You have a lot of potential, but look on the bright side! You get to live the good life without having to do ANYTHING. Doesn't that feel great?

You can stop giving me that look now...

... Get in the box...

SOL WAS INDUCTED TO THE HALL OF FAME BOX!

Now that we're done with that, off to go- Is that the scientist from earlier? Chasing an Aqua Grunt?

... Sometimes I hate having to play hero...

To Be Continued...

Neede to be Traded This Post:
=> Taillow
=> Whismur

Roles to be Filled:
Mage
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:03:54 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lost my data from before the gym fight, but nothing changed except Nuptup did defeat the gym leader single handedly, and Mark ended up evolving like right after into an umbreon. Still need eggs though :-[