Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ministry of the Interior (ISG)  (Read 1094 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Ministry of the Interior (ISG)
« on: May 02, 2015, 10:22:40 am »

The Nation of Novistrania. Once a peaceful and exuberant in its wealth. Now it is a dreary place with constant fights over positions of power, uprisings, crime, and terrorist attacks. A Regency of Military Generals led by Generalismo Joseph Pattock took control of the country in a dire moment after our last King died. They initiated the bloody yet effective "Patriots Acts" which formed the Governments first intelligence agency, Section 441. 441 was a monster to the population because of its near inexhaustible abilities of deposing members of the Generals own Junta, Nationalizing industries, curbing voting rights, martial law, and even notorious assassinations that left guerrilla groups paralyzed but angered.

After only 10 years of the infamous Regency the nation of Novistrania had fallen technologically, economically, and socially compared to other nations of the world. Now a young King named Vasilly Capetoka has taken the throne. As his first decree (at the behest of his mother and other members of his family) he cut back on the excessive powers of section 441 and attempted a near replacement of them in the form of the Ministry of the Interior. While both organizations exist and are wholly indepandant of each other, Section 441 still used its political capital to depose members of the Kings court with puppets in order to stall any future reforms to the country. Many found this to be tyrannical and abusive but feared reprisal if they spoke out...well thats not entirely true. One man did.

That one mas was Generalismo Joseph Pattock himself who has been missing for at least 4 weeks now since his address during the Kings coronation.

So who is the Minister of the Interior? An more importantly can he compete to finally destroy the greatest evil in Novistranian history?

Character Sheet:

Name:
Background: (Everyone was wronged by the Regime in more ways than one)

((So here's how this works. You are the leader of a new Intelligence group who will compete against section 441. You'll have to deal with the nations internal struggles from huge mafia syndicates, uprisings, anarchy, guerrilla groups, and even terrorist groups. They'll all have profiles as you go along.

If this sounds easy then think again! Because section 441 will be dealing with the same issues. Now because of their recent moves they can't exactly go complete exterminatus like they have been and will be on equal footing with your organization. You can work with them, without them, or even against them. But so can they.

Every year their will be national address by the young King and a private meeting to deduce who should receive more funding. It goes without saying that you should out compete Section 441 if you want that funding. So if your interested make a character and find out what job he had before hand if any!))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ministry of the Interior (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:21:57 pm »

Ptw

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:13 am »

I'm going on a limb here and say this dead...darn. I was hoping for a politically saturated SG.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 02:30:32 am »

Well, its only been a day. Just give it some time.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 02:34:56 am »

To be honest, your games have a large tendency to die even if you've got people actively playing. It started with the first three games you made (it was after Mlamlah's Prince was abandoned) and it kinda continued from there. It's just not worth putting in a lot of time into a character sheet if the game's gonna end at page 3.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:50:52 am »

To be honest, your games have a large tendency to die even if you've got people actively playing. It started with the first three games you made (it was after Mlamlah's Prince was abandoned) and it kinda continued from there. It's just not worth putting in a lot of time into a character sheet if the game's gonna end at page 3.

Other GMs do that all the time but I can understand. I think i'll just give this thread last rites now and move on.