Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to murder inorganic party guest?  (Read 1637 times)

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to murder inorganic party guest?
« on: December 28, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

Questions in the topic, I dug down to the best spot in the game and to my surprise I only lost 1 dwarf at the initial party. When I went to take a look around I saw Mr. Salt Demon, he wrecked all kinds of shit and out of the fully geared 49 dwarfs surrounding Mr Salt Demon not a single one managed to land a attack. Or make an attack at that, I even resorted to cheating and no body feels like attacking him, all the others they'll go and hack to pieces but not Mr Salt Demon, so how can I kill him?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to murder inorganic party guest?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:51:52 pm »

Questions in the topic, I dug down to the best spot in the game and to my surprise I only lost 1 dwarf at the initial party. When I went to take a look around I saw Mr. Salt Demon, he wrecked all kinds of shit and out of the fully geared 49 dwarfs surrounding Mr Salt Demon not a single one managed to land a attack. Or make an attack at that, I even resorted to cheating and no body feels like attacking him, all the others they'll go and hack to pieces but not Mr Salt Demon, so how can I kill him?

salt demons are one of the most easy to destroy, hammerdwarves or axedwarves should get rid of it without much issue

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »

hrm, must had because I had a 49 man group huddle on and no one could make enough room to attack? Because what you said was true, my farmer punched him and it died

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 05:16:07 pm »

Military is full of bugs, attack orders doesn't work. Or only work half the time.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 05:16:28 pm »

They were experiencing a glitch. Removes burrow orders. (Or better yet, burrows in general)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 06:01:33 pm »

Combat is subtly and yet thoroughly bugged. Some people have had success with re-ordering a kill or ordering them to move nearby and then canceling orders.

Salt is pretty brittle. You can get gemstone and steel party guests. Those are really bad.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:03 pm »

Gemstone enemies need bronze or better cutting weapons. A de-armed and legged amethyst man is a perfect permanent hammer dwarf training device.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »

Gemstone enemies need bronze or better cutting weapons. A de-armed and legged amethyst man is a perfect permanent hammer dwarf training device.
It's not actually an enemy made of rock salt or crystal salt, but made out of powder salt.

As a result it's super-fragile, like enemies made of water and ash.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 09:43:52 pm »

engineer a cave in? That kills everything.  That and falling worn out socks.

hegchog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

Salt is really brittle so once you get your military to decide it wants to kill the hulk of salt trying to murder your fortress it should be easy. Check if it has webs or syndromes, if so that would be fun!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »

I know. Just explaining other inorganics.