Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for underground river+desert  (Read 472 times)

JohnnyL

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Looking for underground river+desert
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »

Looking to try to make an oasis fort, that is a sand desert with a large underground forest.

I can get past the aquifer just fine, but the problem I've run into is that I can't grow a forest as I haven't found an underground river nor pond so irrigated underground areas will not grow Tower Caps.

I've tried using the prospector utility, and after a great deal of searching on a number of maps, I haven't located a 'naturally' occurring pond or river. Is there a utility to manually trigger this event? Or has anyone located a freak underground river or pond underneath a flat desert zone?

LegendaryFishCleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for underground river+desert
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

I don't know of any utility to trigger the growing of tower caps, and while that certainly doesn't mean that one doesn't exist, I expect that you'll probably just have to look along mountains for an underground river adjacent to the desert.  You don't have to build in the mountain, just have it on your map somewhere, and tunnel over to the river- so it's not a huge deviation from your original goal.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for underground river+desert
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

There are absolutely no cave rivers, ponds, adamantine, or chasms on non-mountain tiles.

I think that they should just be rarer on the non-mountain tiles, not nonexistent.

Your best bet for now is getting a desert that has 1 tile of mountain with a cave river. You'll probably have to use regional prospector to get such a result.