Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coffin, Tomb, and graveyard..  (Read 599 times)

Mea Culpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coffin, Tomb, and graveyard..
« on: October 13, 2006, 10:01:00 am »

hmm I can't seem to make my coffins working...

I have:

1 room full of unassigned coffins, all "Use for burial"

1 room with 1 coffin, while made to tomb and un assigned.

1 room full of assigned coffins, of course all made tomb and stetched full room space.

But when one of my dwarf(assigned two of the coffins above) died he is still hauled to graveyard outta my fort...Nor did his dog long before.

So, anyone could share the burial rule, or priority, anything like that? How to make coffin working correctly?

olier Than Thou!

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coffin, Tomb, and graveyard..
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:33:00 am »

I have never once used a graveyard nor do I ever intend to, but what I can tell you is:

quote:
1 room full of unassigned coffins, all "Use for burial"

This is the way to do it. Or make a bunch of little rooms with unassigned coffins marked for burial.

quote:
1 room with 1 coffin, while made to tomb and un assigned.

Do you mean you made it into a  tomb room then removed the room designation, or you made it into a tomb and left it unassigned? Either way, it will do nothing if you don't change it.

quote:
1 room full of assigned coffins, of course all made tomb and stetched full room space.

There really isn't much point to this, unless you're really concerned with making sure pets don't get buried in coffins. You'll eventually end up getting 200+ dwarves, and giving them all assigned tombs is a hassel as some will probably never die, and you never know who's gonna kick it when. Save this for satisfying noble's demands for tombs.

The graveyard may take priority over coffins, because you probably made it first. I'd personally just remove it, because it really isn't that hard to do indoor burial (and it's usually going to result in less walking for your dwarves that way.) If you do that, your dwarves might even take the old corpses that are now outside and throw them in some coffins marked for burial.

Mea Culpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 10:55:00 am »

thank you for the reply.

hmm hassel.. yes.. BTW I assigned 134 set of table with two chairs on dining hall... don't tell me it is NOT NECESSARY, NOOOOOOOOO!!

olier Than Thou!

Mea Culpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 11:13:00 am »

But heck...

Do you mean if I build a refuse pile before coffins, pets will be hauled to pile?

olier Than Thou!

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 11:23:00 am »

No, as far as I can tell pets will only be buried in graveyards and coffins. I've never seen an assigned pet's corpse brought to the refuse pile, though animals belonging to no one will.

As for the dining hall, you're going to get much more benefit if you make one table into a room and assign it to no one, as it will result in a higher room quality, making the dwarves happier when they eat there. They'll still prefer to eat in their rooms sometimes, but they'll probably eat in the dining hall enough the get a happy thought about it, especially if it's royal quality.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 02:44:00 pm »

so far.. they've been chucking my deaders to the graveyard pile.. and from there to coffins (haven't used proper tombs yet)

forgot to mention... coffins can't be walked through.. you need corridors..

[ October 13, 2006: Message edited by: bbb ]

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »

quote:
forgot to mention... coffins can't be walked through..

Thats definitely not true.