Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child in Possed mood will not collect materials  (Read 650 times)

masonsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child in Possed mood will not collect materials
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:23:07 am »

This is my second fortress with the latest version in both a child got a strange mood wanted bones and never went to get them. I had multiple types form slaughtering they were both in and out of a stockpile (some at the butchers shop) and this second one wants wood  but doesn't get it either. I'm not sure what to do or if I have forgotten something they aren't forbidden there's plenty of stuff I hate to lose the child and workshop for the whole game. Actually I wouldn't mind loosing the freeloader.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Child in Possed mood will not collect materials
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 03:11:43 am »

Well, dorfs in strange mood go insane after a while, I think 1½ month, wander about for a month or two, and then die. The can be violent during their madness, if I understand it correctly.
Are you sure the child is ONLY wanting bones/wood, and not also something else which you don't have? Burrows, forbidden items, and no pathing access will also block item gathering (I think strange mood respects burrows, but insanity does not).
I assume you've used 'q' on the occupied workshop to see what the bugger wants. Not that it sort of scrolls over the items, and duplicated items are indicated by a longer dwell on the corresponding line.
Lost workshops, unless they are forges, are not an issue, since you can easily just build a new one (forges require anvils, which might be in short supply).

masonsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 03:36:19 am »

Well then its definitely a bug been three seasons the kid still has the craft workshop and not moved an inch.

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:46:20 am »

Is the "latest version" 4.21 or 4.22?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:53:52 pm »

This happened to me two, the last two moody dwarves (one child, one adult) refused to pick up materials and went berserk. Both were killed.
Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.
I'm now picturing an elf wrestler trying to suplex my battlements.

masonsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »

Fixed in .22 I was using .21