Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fatal crash with duplicates after adding a creature using creature variation  (Read 786 times)

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I've been slowing replacing/adding animals using creature variation (first a mythical generic version, then a normal every day version varied out of that, then holy, dread, giant and titanic versions based on that.)  I've done a few birds, a few frogs... all good.  I go to add a deer (halla) now, though, and it SORTA works except not.  See full file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And, just in case, the variations:

Feel free to steal any if so inclined; it's up on github for that purpose anyways.

Anyhow, unlike with any of the others, in the arena, each variant of non-generic hall appears four times... two males, two females.  I can place the first male or female fine, but if I try to place the second pairing, the game crashes.  Any idea why this might be happening?  Thanks for your time. =)

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, sorry... here's an example of one that works just fine:

... you know, to compare against. 

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Do you have anything in your error log?

Edit - You have [CASTE:MALE] and [CASTE:FEMALE] both in the generic deer and in the halla. Use SELECT_CASTE in the halla.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:32:31 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*facepalm* ... it's been so long, I'd forgotten DF had such a thing.  *goes to look*

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

I think I found the problem in the meantime - I had edited it into my previous post. You're doubling up on the CASTE tokens.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are, in fact, correct !  Thank you very much for catching that; In retrospect I do see that for the others, without such intrinsic sexual dimorphism, there were no caste definitions for the generic at all.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:11:13 am by jeturcotte »