Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allow us to access Adventure mode Travel Map even when we are not able to travel  (Read 1310 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since playing Adventure mode I have found the travel map a great deal of use as a guide for travelling normally, because it is a far more detailed map than anything else.  But the game you does not allow you to travel in mountains or close to rivers, this means that one often has to leave rivers in order to simply look at the map to figure out where you are.  This is funny, if we have a map then why can we not read it even when we cannot travel effortlessly over the landscape. 

I propose that we be able always to look at the travel map but not actually travel.  More ambitiously I propose we be able to zoom in and zoon out the map manually rather than automatically (as at present). 

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

press capital Q to get a map, you can search with a search engine for stuff

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

press capital Q to get a map, you can search with a search engine for stuff

I know that.  I am not talking about the inferior world map; all that tells you is the vague area you are in.  I am talking about the superior travel map which provides you with a detailed map of the local area, all the roads, halls, camps and so on. 

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 to this all day long.  I am often opening my travel map, not to fast travel, but simply to get better bearings. Especially now with Army's moving about.

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile

I fully support this it seems minor to implement and very helpful

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

Yes yes yes so much yes.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Ngosp Umbabok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is an excellent idea

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've thought of this as well, it seems silly being by water all of a sudden impedes your ability to see into the distance, and look at the landscape and such. Maybe for mountains, indoors, and underground but otherwise no, like being in a hostile site.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

another +1 here.  Just some sort of a more localized map would be nice, ESPECIALLY when in caverns/mountains