Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just saw my first big dance  (Read 736 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just saw my first big dance
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:18:07 pm »

I've been playing with the new version of Masterwork for a few weeks now and just saw my first big organized dance in my newly opened above ground pub. It was a perfect fantasy world scene: two dwarves standing by the wall playing instruments while a naga man bard recited poetry ("Weeeeeelll swing your partner round and round, dip your partner to the ground, swing your partner round again and wriggle like a naga man!")

Eighteen dancers were on the floor in a staggered three by six pattern doing a sort of twisting roundelay with groups of four rotating around a common center but switching off partners. Most were dwarven or naga bards and poets, but one of the fortress mechanics was whooping it up near the center, as well as a white tigerman, a human, and a dwarven mercenary, and a human duke consort. A Pandashi baroness consort watched from the door, a naga man bard and naga woman poet watched from behind the bar, while a human spearman mercenary slept drunkenly in a pile of mugs.

This just made my day and fulfilled all my expectations of opening a fantasy pub/inn. The screenshot I caught was showing the dance/play music icons instead of the individual character tiles the moment I snapped it, which I guess are leaves and armor racks?

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just saw my first big dance
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:38:03 pm »

I think the dances are knowledge based because this is the first time I've seen my dwarves consistently do this circle dance in this particular playthrough; think of Ring a Ring o' Roses or something.

I remember doing at school as a child, that and river cross dancing, line dancing
(Oh god the memories T_T the most awkward thing in the world being 9 years old trying to find a girl to dance with lol!)

LP'er