Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Confederate mode?  (Read 1933 times)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Confederate mode?
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:52:13 pm »

I think this will be a fun mode. Although I don't think it's possible to win, I'll like to play in a world where the people are gonna begin revolting against the government. What do you guys think?
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confederate mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:20:54 am »

i don't exactly see liberals picking up guns and revolting

it could happen when the public opinion drastically shifts to conservative and/or stalinist with a heavily liberal government in charge of the whole operation though

might be fun? can't judge until you tell me more

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:06:14 am »

Revolting against the government might be an interesting mechanic, but what that means exactly could change drastically depending on the government. Anyway this just kinda makes me think, "What if the 'cause trouble' activity changed depending on how many liberals were doing it? Instead of having 20 hippies all doing their own thing in different parts of the city, they could start a riot!"

Food for thought, it's not really something I'm invested in

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:00:46 am »

I have considered the implications of the LCS basically igniting a civil war, and have several (back-burner) plans to make that happen. There are several things to consider, including:

-What factions stand by and what factions join in the civil war? For instance, are there different factions in the army that fight with each-other?

-Suppose that the Arch-conservative or Stalinist amendment gets passed. You may yet liberalize the country, if you can defeat the new establishment militarily.

-Is it possible that the resulting conflict will result in yet another way to lose, in which the United States instead of being turned into a dystopian nightmare is simply obliterated instead (e.g. suppose warring military factions decide to go nuclear)?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

Having a game over be spelled out in a nuclear apocalypse is always something I'm on board with. And what better way to portray a Liberal's worst nightmare?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:03 am »

Instead of having 20 hippies all doing their own thing in different parts of the city, they could start a riot!
I'm pretty sure they're already working together to cause trouble (it will say stuff like "your liberals pretended to be radioactive mutants", I always took that to mean a tiny zombie walk).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.