Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Video game genres, which are your favorites?  (Read 2500 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Video game genres, which are your favorites?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:49 pm »

I'm not Korean enough to play RTS's and not die of stress but I still demand the same level of challenge when it comes to tactical acumen; grand strategy games for me.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 07:07:56 pm »

I did. I actually don't remember that much though, since it was a while ago and the CD got cracked.

I've heard that you can sometimes fill in cracks on CDs and DVDs with Rain-X Glass Treatment.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 10:16:12 pm »

you normally can't pick up anything much bigger than your head.
I don't know... you do it several times and it is actually one of the running jokes in the series is that Guybrush can seemingly put anything down his pants. I guess I never had trouble with that puzzle because I don't even remember what you are referring to.
I recall a classic Space Quest line relevant to this:
You put a ladder in your pocket. OUCH!

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »

I like most types of strategy games, though I tend to be really bad at RTS. (Still can't beat any Warcraft campaign without cheats, although I managed to clear the Starcraft 2 WoL campaign on the lowest difficulty setting...)

Aside from that, I have a fondness for RPGs, sandbox and simulation games. In particular, I like real-time and tactical RPGs (Tales series, Fire Emblem, etc.).
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:50 pm »

Personally, I like RTS the best, although I'm fairly good at FPS games in general.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »

Enjoy RTS and arena FPS a lot, but am not hardcore enough to be good or patient enough to be bad at them; also really like rhythm games, and mostly play them.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:40 pm »

Hmm, I mostly enjoy RPGs and strategy games. For strategy I prefer slower paced real time because I tend to turtle and for RPGs I like western ones based on DnD or similar. I do occasionally play FPS, mostly Unreal Tournament or Doom.

Favourite games are probably "Sins of a Solar Empire", "Supreme Commander" and "The Elder Scrolls series". 

As for dislikes, I don't really enjoy platformers that much. Grew up playing many types from Apogee Software and id Software, "Monster Bash" and "Commander Keen", but I get annoyed at ones that require too much precision.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 2 [3]