Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck in a well  (Read 1124 times)

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck in a well
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »

(was in past)
The thing is i'm stuck in a well and have no idea is it even possible to get out. First thing to mention is that i have copper pick, so can i even mine my way out in adventure mode? And second thing is soil structure, from the bottom it's: Damp Sandy Loam Wall(i'm on that level), Sandy Clay Loam Wall, Sand Wall, and Yellow Sand wall, whenever i try to climb Sand Wall i fail and fall, so question is can i even climb it? is it super hard or impossible?(currently i have expert climber skill)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:41:32 am by DIMOHA25 »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Stuck in a well
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »

I don't know much about climbing in adveneture mode, so all I can advise is that you try climbing out again, because I think falling from a climb is just bad luck if there's nothing around to knock you off. At least you'll probably reach high enough to not drown while gaining climber skill...

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help! Stuck in a well form Aslandus
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:34:03 pm »

i actually was novice climber when i fell down in that well and now i'm expert climber so trying to climb out again is super unefficient and it can be impossible and that's why i'm here to figure out is it even possible, and i'm legendary swimmer so i won't drown besides water is 6/7 one tile deep

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:39:37 pm »

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help! Stuck in a well from m-logik
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:51:00 pm »

well, yes i indeed am legendary swimmer and before i could climb like 7-tile tall walls, and yes now i can climb only one tile up and then i fall and then if i try again i fall again one tile down, but in that bug description it is said that gaining talented level fixed it but i'm expert climber now, it's two skill levels higher and i was trying to climb out with all levels before expert including talented so it's similar but not the same

P.S. am i done for? shit it's not even fun it's not even losing
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:01:47 am by DIMOHA25 »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:13 am »

Use dfhack to change your position.

lua ~df.global.world.units.active[0].pos
lua df.global.world.units.active[0].pos.x=... and so on

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help! Stuck in a well from mifki
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:14:34 am »

well shit it will get me out of that well but my character will still be unable to climb so it's kinda like ass-monkey of solutions

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:57:59 am »

The comments below the report suggests it might be statuses like being tired or hungry that cause it... Are you being afflicted by anything like that?

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help! Stuck in a well from Aslandus
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:08:38 am »

well no i got meat and i'm in well with drinkable water and not tired, but i have smashed and infected nose, moderate bruising of skin fat and muscle on left upper leg, lower body skin fat muscle, pancreas pancreatic tissue, upper body skin fat muscle and smashed right true ribs that need setting.
but in report comments they figured out that stun was probably the problem and i don't see stun status
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:16:39 am by DIMOHA25 »

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:25 am »

Guys problem solved i changed swimming preference to when necessary and slept in water, and i guess townspeople were kind enough to get me out of there, now i will test if i can climb when i heal my injuries and change post if necessary

DIMOHA25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 01:40:51 am »

well i healed before trying so... yeah