Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My favorite tileset isn't working in 40.16  (Read 736 times)

DollMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My favorite tileset isn't working in 40.16
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »

Hello.
I have always used my favorite tileset named "Anno 16x16" by AbuDhabi. Here it is: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/File:Anno_16x16.png
It always worked perfectly, but in new version 40.16 I have some graphical artifacts like this:

There are strange symbols and background colors on tiles.
In previous version (40.15) it was normally, like this:

There are also same artifacts with minerals tiles and some others.
Anybody knows how to resolve this problem? I really don't want to use any other tileset. Hope you help me.  :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:17:22 pm by DollMaker »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My favorite tileset isn't working in 40.16
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 06:22:28 am »

Have you used another tileset at some point? Did that change raws (Phoebus for example)?
How have you installed the new version? You should never just overwrite your existing DF install; always extract in a new folder, and move over your save if you want to continue that.
In either case, downloading a fresh df install, extracting in a new folder, moving over your save and restoring the default raws (and then installing your tileset as usual) should definitely fix it.

How to restore default raws in your save:

copy the default raws from the df root directory (raw\; the folder in the same directory as the df exe) and overwrite the raws from your save (data\save\<your region>\raw) with it.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

DollMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My favorite tileset isn't working in 40.16
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:21 am »

Yes, seems like it's because of raw files of my older world that I've used with graphic tileset. I changed raws and now it works fine. Thanks.