Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Interest Check/Idea Development Thread) Sword-and-Sorcery Hip Hop Record Label  (Read 875 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

An interest check/idea development thread for an idea I had. It's basically a sort of PVP game where three to four players start a record label in a fantasy world with dragons, orcs and dwarves. The goal is to be the biggest record label and eliminate the competition, competing against controversial media, angry parents, the government, fantasy cops and other record labels.

Spoiler: Story so far (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interesting Ideas (click to show/hide)

Inspired by the FOX TV series Empire. Will update OP when people give ideas, comments and criticisms.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Reserved in case.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

This interests me but unfortunately I am on my phone and can't contribute anything useful other than encouragement before tomorrow :)

Good backstory by the way.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Thanks! :D

Anyways, apparently I could upload images from my phone to imgur, so here's some doodles I made of made up artists. I might make the game illustrated in the future.

Warning: big photos. Idk how to make them smaller. I directly took photos and uploaded them to imgur.

Spoiler: Chief-10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MC Hammer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:57:35 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Iirc you can put [img width=480 for example, for the image size.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Thanks! The image thing totally worked.
Dying of laughter?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

creativity, showmanship, and rapping/singing stats.

How complex do you want it to be?

Why not have the music recorded onto round discs of a black magical material which is carved by a caged miniature dragon with a really sharp beak which is chained to the recording machine – the vibrations of the music make the dragon vibrate and thus affect the depth of the carving, and then this is played back on a playback machine, powered by a footpedal pulley system – obviously a needle reads the depth of the carving and in term vibrates and… something. Makes another caged miniature dragon vibrate? And so of course many sound technology corporations send adventurers out to get bigger and better dragons to cage to make bigger and better sound machines.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Well, simple enough to not give me more mental problems, but fair enough to ensure the game is fun. (I don't mind if you guys suggest a system that's used for other games.)

That dragon thing is interesting. I also had a sort of magic internet in mind; DJ wizards would translate the song into a spell, then cast it into the aetherial winds so other DJs can imbue their discs of black magical material with the spell and the song would play.
Dying of laughter?