Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Escapists ~Kickstarted!~  (Read 5107 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Escapists ~Kickstarted!~
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »

PTW
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 08:23:01 am »

Aha!  I think I've got it figured out now.  I tunneled through the wall of my cell, put up a fake wall (Could I use a poster for this?  Seems like I could), and I've started my tunnel inside the crawlspace behind your cell where no one ever looks.  As long as nobody manages to find the breach in the wall and as long as I don't get sent to solitary for any dumb shit, I should be good.  Dumb shit seems to have happened though, I was desperate for lumber to build supports for my tunnel and decided to head into the vents again.  I didn't find anything worth getting and I used clippers so I can't replace the cover.  I quit without saving when a cop came into my cell (I have curtains up) and saw the missing cover, so when I play again I just need to quickly build a fake cover and put it on and then I should be set to escape.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 08:27:14 am »

I don't know some of those limitations I am not exactly against so long as it is intentional.

Heck Hard Life the game that would be an excellent artistic game if it was created with one shred of self-awareness (I think that is its name...) you couldn't really get yourself killed though you could be maimed pretty badly.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 03:13:55 pm »

Huh?

It was Hard Times.  And what are you talking about, it's the highest art.

I escaped from the minsec prison.  Tunneled through the wall of my cell, dug through the floor of the crawlspace inside, came out in the prison yard, ran up and cut through the fence.  EZ.
Shoes...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 04:04:34 pm »

I recommend doing the "unlock the doors to outside, use a single tool to bypass the perimiter wall" method for being fun. The key stealing and imprinting and stuff is pretty fun.
A couple useful recipes are toothpaste and talcum powder to make putty to get the imprint, a plastic object (comb or toothbrush are common) with a lighter to make molten plastic, and foil and tape to make a contraband bag (prevents detectors from going off).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 05:43:59 pm »

Yeah, I think I've actually got most or all of the recipes now, my crafting notes are all repeats.  I never beat up any guards so I never got a key.

Why the imprints though, what's to stop me from just using the original?
Shoes...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 05:57:27 pm »

You can craft a fake vent cover using two lots of paper mache.

Make two lots of paper mache by mixing a toilet roll and some super glue twice, then combine the two lots of paper mache to make a vent cover. When you've taken the vent cover off in your cell (or wherever), stick the fake cover over and the guards won't spot it. It does have a use limit, so be careful or just make another to carry with you in case it breaks!
Just like that Alcatraz movie with Clint Eastwood in it!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

Yeah, I think I've actually got most or all of the recipes now, my crafting notes are all repeats.  I never beat up any guards so I never got a key.

Why the imprints though, what's to stop me from just using the original?
It gets 'reported stolen' by the guard as soon as you move out of a certain radius, which presumably causes a full everything shakedown instantly and you get put in solitary.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »

I can imagine something like this: A guard is unconscious near the exit! I can steal the key and run away through the front door!

Few steps away from freedom, guard reports the stolen key, and you're busted.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 01:22:44 pm »

Stuff like that is definitely something the game would do.

If a guard sees your cell empty after lights out you're immediately busted.  If you hang outside over final rollcall and the doors lock it gives you ninety seconds before you're instantly done.  I'm kind of wondering if you couldn't just hide outside behind a building and then cut through the fence and leave the first day.

This is all for Center Perks of course.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3]