Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soap blood?  (Read 1664 times)

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
Soap blood?
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »

I am trying to make a creature that bleeds soap bubbles (or at least soap) but I can't figure out how. Do I use the soap template for the blood, or is it more complicated than that?
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Soap blood?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »

I am trying to make a creature that bleeds soap bubbles (or at least soap) but I can't figure out how. Do I use the soap template for the blood, or is it more complicated than that?
That ought to work, since 0.40 now allows blood to be a solid material (specifically, mud now works as a blood material).  I'm just not sure if "a pile of soap" is going to be of any use.  Dwarves seem to need bars of soap to accomplish anything.

It'd be funny if the Dwarves have to come by later and clean off the soap contaminant from the floor, and your militia Dwarves head straight to the well to wash off all that nasty soap.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:57:06 pm »

That ought to work, since 0.40 now allows blood to be a solid material (specifically, mud now works as a blood material).  I'm just not sure if "a pile of soap" is going to be of any use.  Dwarves seem to need bars of soap to accomplish anything.

It'd be funny if the Dwarves have to come by later and clean off the soap contaminant from the floor, and your militia Dwarves head straight to the well to wash off all that nasty soap.
Thanks, I'm not trying to get free soap, I just needed soap blood for something I'm doing :3
EDIT:
Is this the correct way to make the blood soap, I don't wanna break the game.
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP:SOLID]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:01:14 pm by Pyrefly »
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:10:57 pm »

Thanks, I'm not trying to get free soap, I just needed soap blood for something I'm doing :3
EDIT:
Is this the correct way to make the blood soap, I don't wanna break the game.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP:SOLID]
The first line creates a material called BLOOD (that uses the SOAP_TEMPLATE).  The second line makes the creature's blood out of a specific material.  You would want those two to match.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAPY_BLOOD:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAPY_BLOOD:SOLID]

You might want to experiment with [MATERIAL:SOAPY_BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP] or something like that if the creature has fat.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »

Ok, I want it called soap instead of blood (if that messes it up then I'll change it back), and the creature does have fat. Do I need to change anything for 'SOAPY_BLOOD' to work?
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL:SOAPY_BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP]
EDIT:
Just realized that tag probably doesn't go there, fixing it now.
EDIT2:
I'm just gonna use the code you gave, sorry about mixing and matching but I was thinking in a weird way right then :P
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:25:32 pm by Pyrefly »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 03:26:04 pm »

Ok, I want it called soap instead of blood (if that messes it up then I'll change it back), and the creature does have fat. Do I need to change anything for 'SOAPY_BLOOD' to work?
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL:SOAPY_BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP]
Here you are defining two different materials, one called SOAP and one called SOAPY_BLOOD.  It's better to just let the raw parser figure out that FAT begets TALLOW and TALLOW begets SOAP.

If you don't want any special attributes (same color as regular soap, etc.) then it should be as simple as [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP:SOLID] and then you don't need any special blood-related material definitions.  This token just has to appear after the FAT material is defined (typically in a BODY_DETAIL_PLAN token) so that TALLOW and SOAP exist.

Then beat it up in the arena and see what happens.
Just got back, updating:

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Welp, now there's more problems
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »

Ok, now I'm just having the problem of it being freaking atom sized and with no body parts. I don't know how to fix it, but it seems to be a size error according to the error logs... Here's the code for the whole creature can you fix it? I'm fixing the color at the moment so ignore the color mistakes.
[CREATURE:MOUSE_TRANSFORM]
[DESCRIPTION:A large mouse that tends to form tribes. They love cheese.]
[NAME:transformouse:transformice:mouseine]
[CASTE_NAME:transformouse:transformice:mouseine]
[CREATURE_TILE:116][COLOR:204:119:34]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[INTELLIGENT]
[TRANCES]
[BENIGN]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:250:500]
[TRIGGERABLE_GROUP:5:50]
[PREFSTRING:curiosity]
[PREFSTRING:intelligence]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:734:568:366:1900:2900] 24 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[STANCE_CLIMBER][NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:15]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAPY_BLOOD:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAPY_BLOOD:SOLID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:800]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:20:55]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]               ?
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]             +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]    +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:FOCUS:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]                ++
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:CREATIVITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]            +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:PATIENCE:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]                +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]        ++

[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[CREPUSCULAR][NOCTURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_FINGERS:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_FINGERS:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[CASTE:FEMALE_S]
[CASTE_NAME:shamaness:shamanesses:shamanine]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE_GLOWTILE:059]
[CASTE_GLOWCOLOR:0:255:255]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:2_WINGS:4TOES_FQ_FINGERS:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[CASTE:MALE_S]
[CASTE_NAME:shaman:shamans:shamanine]
[MALE]
[CASTE_GLOWTILE:059]
[CASTE_GLOWCOLOR:0:255:255]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:2_WINGS:4TOES_FQ_FINGERS:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1:BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:32:20 pm »

The problem is that you started assigning tissues before there were any BODY parts.  Look at the ant man raws.  The creature is split into castes for all the naming and BODY stuff, then [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] is used to bring them back together again before assigning materials and tissues.

It doesn't look like you're using any caste-specific materials, so following ant men (or ants) should get you the results you wanted.

By the way, 800 is the size of a hedgehog.
Just got back, updating:

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 06:03:19 pm »

Thanks, it works :3
To test the blood, I put 5 of them against a tiger. I am just gonna say: yes, the blood works. And the tiger got a name. Then I put one more with a candy dagger next to the tiger and the tiger was beheaded so their grasping works too.
I've boosted their size to the size of chickens, and added profession names (mostly adding references to 'mouse/mice' to professions with 'man' in their name but with 2 exceptions with very different titles.)
I am going to try to make this a playable civ creature and make a fort with them, let's see what happens.