Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying FB: No Reachable Valid Target  (Read 1208 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flying FB: No Reachable Valid Target
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:00:48 am »

Ahem. Got a flier incoming. He is on the earth atm. I sent all of my military to kick him down. No success: "No reachable valid target". Some archers shoot some bolts, smashing his both wings open and breaking his upper spine. He still is "Unaccessible".
What?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flying FB: No Reachable Valid Target
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:59 am »

He should be accessible when he falls to ground.

Besides, a military stationed near him will attack voluntarily.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:29:21 am »

Yup, my militaries were stationed near him after ive seen cant reach reports. Still only marksmen were attacking him. After his lower spine was Brocken by lucky arrow, my captain slashed his head off, finishing the deal. But it coated me 1full season and 38 dead dwarves (4squads formed in last migration wave were fully crashed). On the good news, everyone who survived don't really care of anything anymore and is at least grand master in discipline. (But one dude, who has 3children, wife and brother killed, is now 'depressed'. Waiting for tantrum analogue...
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:29 pm »

38 dead dwarves? That's a lot for a badly injured lad! What kind of FB was it?

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:26 am »

The deathcause was just physical enforcement, no syndromes.
My fort has 2 squads full of goblinite (steel), and other dudes use only copper as its only ore found on the map. Almost all of copper dudes were torn apart, or their head was bitten of, or whatever.
It's mildly depressing.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:33 am »

He should be accessible when he falls to ground.

Should be, yes. However, there have been many bug reports of enemies remaining "unreachable" while standing on the ground slaughtering dwarves.